Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help! Need ideas! on how to Quilt this Paperpieced Top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-need-ideas-how-quilt-paperpieced-top-t46606.html)

Holice 12-09-2010 09:10 AM

I am thinking about your question. Brain is not functioning how. However, suggest you go to www.quiltingstencils.com and look at their catalog to see designs that might give you some inspiration. There might not be anything there other than the 4 patch centers that would be a useful design due to the irregular shapes but could get you thinking. Will you long arm or domestic machine quilt this?

Katrine 12-09-2010 09:54 AM

Fabulous quilt, keep looking and looking at it too!! I would love to see it once quilted too.

Cuddly Quilter 12-09-2010 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Holice
I am thinking about your question. Brain is not functioning how. However, suggest you go to www.quiltingstencils.com and look at their catalog to see designs that might give you some inspiration. There might not be anything there other than the 4 patch centers that would be a useful design due to the irregular shapes but could get you thinking. Will you long arm or domestic machine quilt this?

What a fantastic site - thanks for sharing it. I am in awe of what is out there. Pity i did not know this years ago!

JAGSD 12-10-2010 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Holice

Long arm, but if I was to do stitch in the ditch I would much rather do it on the regular machine.. Thank you for the suggestion. This quilt top is still sitting waiting for me to get brave and also continue practicing my feathers.

deltadawn 12-10-2010 06:40 AM

Stunning!

raedar63 12-10-2010 06:52 AM

A beautiful winner!

Iluv2quilt 12-10-2010 12:03 PM

I really LOVE this quilt, it's simply beautiful, great work!!!

asmmauer 08-05-2011 09:55 PM

Your quilt is gorgeous can't wait to see it quilted .It will be a show stopper.

soccertxi 08-06-2011 08:01 PM

I think I would do continuous curve in the points with some type of background quilting (pebbling, peacock feathers ...) in the white background. Then do feathers or a special design just in the curved grey pieces. This is LOVELY! Where are you in SD? My DD es stationed at Ellsworth in Rapid City. (she is deployed at the moment tho)

soccertxi 08-06-2011 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by JAGSD

Originally Posted by martha jo
This may be crazy but I have been thinking of how you could come up with the best design for your quilting because this quilt deserves to win. Why couldn't you copy parts of the quilt on a scanner and scan it in black and white and then copy that on to plain fabric and it would give you the design and the values and you could practice on this fabric until you come up with the best design for each area and then tackle the quilt. Just a crazy idea.

Great idea, I will have to try it.

One suggestion. I took a class with Carla Barrett. It was called Quilt Whisperer. She sometimes takes a picture of a quilt top and will 'doodle' on it to show how she would quilt it. She might take yours and use it for a class sample. Her designs are over the top! here is her website.

http://featheredfibers.wordpress.com/
I think she just finished another Quilt Whispere class, but plans to repeat it.

Last quilt I made I used a wool batt. It was like quilting in buttah! Just have to remember not to put it in the dryer tho. They can be machine washed (in cold if I remember right), but air dried.

Thanks, Judy