Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help needed...Woven star table runner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-needed-woven-star-table-runner-t14848.html)

ohstr 12-30-2008 07:05 AM

Happy Holidays to all,
After the biggest part of the holiday rush is over I thought that I would have a project onhand that would not be too challenging .. Thought that the "woven star table runner" would be perfect. It was to a point. I am totally stumped to the point that I have been struck stupid. I have the first set of strips woven ( the ones that lean to the left). Now I have tried to weave the second set (the ones that lean to the right) and just am not getting how this works. I have read and reread the pattern - but just have not had that light bulb moment. The pattern is in black and white - and of course I did not use the same colors as the pattern. I had to be me......
I searched online for some help - lots of quilt shops have offered the class with stunning reslult - they are beautiful. Mine - sorry to say has not yet reached that point. Can anyone help???
I will be so very happy if someone could enlighten me as to what it is that I am missing from the instructions.
Thank you in advance for any assistance that you may offer.
Sue in PA

Shadow Dancer 12-30-2008 08:10 AM

Could you post pictures, so we can get an idea? :)

DA Mayer 12-30-2008 08:17 AM

I did a woven table runner but not a star. PM me and maybe I can help.

Lynda in TN 12-30-2008 08:58 AM

I would love to see the pattern and a pic of one finished. Sounds pretty. Hope you get it worked out. Take a break and when you go back to it, maybe it will just come to you what you are reading. I've done that before!

ohstr 12-30-2008 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Hopefully the file attached and is not too large - this is what I am trying to do ---- looks easy but ----- just not getting it right..
Thanks,
Sue

Woven star table runner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21333[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 12-30-2008 12:27 PM

I have never tried this pattern, but it looks really nice. I have my fingers crossed for you, that someone can help.

Happy New Year,
Cheryl

rismstress 12-30-2008 07:52 PM

Any photos of what you have done so far?
Cheryl

tlrnhi 12-30-2008 07:53 PM

is there any way you can post the part of the directions you are having trouble with? I know sometimes my mind won't "wrap around" directions. Will be easy for someone else, but my mind just won't understand it.

bj 12-30-2008 10:10 PM

It doesn't look a bit easy to me. I can't see a row/column. Looks like it would require some Y seams. Good luck. Pics of what you've gotten done might be helpful for someone out there who's better at this than I am. :) :)

DA Mayer 12-31-2008 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the tumbling block I made. Mine had 3 colors, so three different times to weave. and each time or color had 2 weave patterns to them. I know as I was weaving it looked pretty strange like it wouldn't come our right. I can't locate my pattern right at the moment. I do know mine showed how strange it would look as I was doing each color. I went to their website and the patterns are made by the same company.

woven tumbling block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23020[/ATTACH]