Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help please with fusible!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-please-fusible-t97575.html)

janceejan 02-07-2011 10:51 AM

I went and spent ten dollars on one of those cool deer patterns, (all cut from on peice of fabric, from Deer Company.) I was diligent in tracing and ironing it to my one and only perfet peice of fabric. Went and set up everything I needed to cut it out with, to discover, I had put the fusible on the right side of the fabric!!! Thought no problem I will just use the reverse, alas, turn it over and it is a solid color on the back. :( Any ideas on how to use it still.........

knlsmith 02-07-2011 10:54 AM

I had this happen the other day with some circles. Unfortunately I don't think you can fix it without recutting or buying more fabric. Maybe someone has a secret tip they could share.

susiequilt 02-07-2011 11:12 AM

I'm so sorry. I have done it and ended up throwing the fabric away. I hope someone has an idea for you.

thequiltmama 02-07-2011 11:16 AM

what kind of fusible?

sewdarnbusy 02-07-2011 11:19 AM

most fusibles are not repositionable... maybe yours is? Steam a Seam (light ro two) might be repositionable. Good luck. I have done that a time or two. it's dissappointing to say the least.

Decoratenu 02-07-2011 11:24 AM

You could contact the manufacturer & see if they have any suggestions on how to remove their product. As someone else suggested, see if it's the type that will loosen w/ heat & steam. If that works, before you launder the glue away, ensure you put fusible on the wrong side of the fabric before laundering. I usually find it's best to put on my fusible BEFORE cutting out my pieces, as it keeps the edges from raveling & is easier to cut out.

janceejan 02-07-2011 12:06 PM

I appreciate your ideas. It was the paper back fusible kind for applique. I will go digging and see if I can find another piece of fabric.grrrrrrrr.....spent the whole Super Bowl cutting it out.

thequiltmama 02-07-2011 12:14 PM

yes, but was it heat n bond lite or steam a seam? Heat n bond will kind of come off with a wet rub. But steam a seam won't.

Originally Posted by janceejan
I appreciate your ideas. It was the paper back fusible kind for applique. I will go digging and see if I can find another piece of fabric.grrrrrrrr.....spent the whole Super Bowl cutting it out.

janceejan 02-07-2011 03:35 PM

It was heat and bond......I will try rubbing it with a wet rag and see if it will work. Thanks quiltmama...........:)

emptyshellamy 02-07-2011 03:40 PM

I had a boo-boo with some today & found by accident that if you peel the paper off and then iron another layer on top of the adhesive you can kind of pull off that layer of paper & then the 2 layers of adhesive at once without too much trouble. I was using Pellon Wonder Under, had to go check. Edited to add, I don't use steam at all with my iron, not sure if it matters...