Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-t18537.html)

tlrnhi 04-04-2009 06:51 AM

Ruth, it's a watercolor. I've seen the appliques on other quilts, but I think with the whole thing put together, it just makes the cutest thing.
There's no way I could find the floral and then cut it into 2" squares. Just not my thing. I don't like working with little pieces...ask Machel, she'll tell you. lol
But, since it's all cut for me, that's not a problem AND it's all fused onto the quilt fuse, then I'm pretty much home free.
I will, however, probably order a little extra fabric.

Joan 04-04-2009 07:04 AM

I love it, Terri. When something reaches out and touches you, that's a sign. If you don't buy it, you'll be kicking yourself forever and we don't want that!!!! I bet you've spent that much on fabric for a quilt at one time or another.

(besides Big Boy is goin' love it!)

tlrnhi 04-04-2009 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Joan
I love it, Terri. When something reaches out and touches you, that's a sign. If you don't buy it, you'll be kicking yourself forever and we don't want that!!!! I bet you've spent that much on fabric for a quilt at one time or another.

(besides Big Boy is goin' love it!)

Oh yes....I've spent MUCH more than that for fabric for just a quilt top and the matching pillowcases and shams! Just don't know why I have so much trouble with this one. <shrug>
Maybe because it's for me and all of the quilt I have made have been given away.

Big boy loves ALL my quilts. The one that Machel made me, he likes to steal when I'm on the couch. lol

lfw045 04-04-2009 01:11 PM

looks like you have found the best price for it, Terri, everyone else wants an arm and a leg for it. You deserve a quilt that you personally want......you're such a giver.....go for it, I say!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-04-2009 01:12 PM

I think you've all ready ordred this, but....if you didn't, and if it is still available later, think of how much more expensive it will be then!

Shemjo 04-04-2009 01:18 PM

What a pretty quilt! I love cats and quilts also. I say go for it! You know it will cost MORE later, or not be available at all! :lol:

MsSage 04-04-2009 01:33 PM

I cant wait to see pics of the fabric when you get it. I opened the link in a small window and gasp couldnt look at the price since you said it was high ....kept me from wanting it. So I will ooogle yours LOL

Moonpi 04-04-2009 01:42 PM

Wow, it is soooo pretty!

barnbum 04-04-2009 01:42 PM

The price for a kit: $200. The joy it gives when receiving it in the mail, starting it, getting it right, showing everyone on the forum for many oohs and ahhhhs, repeating for each square as completed... priceless.

For all that joy--that's darn cheap. :wink:

Besides now I'm all excited about seeing those blocks... make sure you take close ups. Watercolor is one of my favorites.

I have a request--do the square with the quilt on the car first. :D

MadQuilter 04-04-2009 03:51 PM

Whoever said you HAVE to justify everything you buy? I bought a McKenna Ryan pattern kit for BEAUCOUP buckaroos and I just love it. No buyer's remorse. It still sits in the shipping box and I may NEVER do it. But I still LOVE it. If it makes you happy.....listen to your hubby - lol