Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help, What To Do With Cathedral Window Pillow Tops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-what-do-cathedral-window-pillow-tops-t196937.html)

pollyjvan9 08-07-2012 06:03 AM

Help, What To Do With Cathedral Window Pillow Tops

1 Attachment(s)
My Mom taught me how to make cathedral window pillow tops over the phone in about 1988. I didn't know I was quilting! I just wanted to make some pretty pillows for a friends birthday and love the ones my Mom was making. I seem to remember we were on the phone for about a half hour while she told me step by step how to do this. I think I still have the notes somewhere. Well, it is many years later and I still have six of the pillows my mom made. I would like to put them into a wall hanging but for some reason my imagination just can't see to come up with anything really special. Do any of you have any thoughts or ideas? I would really appreciate your help.

Delta 08-07-2012 06:34 AM

ooooooh those are wonderful. give them as gifts or baby gifts. I love them nice job

Deborahlees 08-07-2012 06:57 AM

I would de-construct them (take all the edgings and backs off)so you have six squares, then find a fabric that perhaps has all the colors in or use just muslin or even better use a solid that matches each square and put an attic
window around each pillow top, then join then together, two across, three down. now put a border around it and you have a wall hanging....

GrannieAnnie 08-07-2012 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 (Post 5423776)
My Mom taught me how to make cathedral window pillow tops over the phone in about 1988. I didn't know I was quilting! I just wanted to make some pretty pillows for a friends birthday and love the ones my Mom was making. I seem to remember we were on the phone for about a half hour while she told me step by step how to do this. I think I still have the notes somewhere. Well, it is many years later and I still have six of the pillows my mom made. I would like to put them into a wall hanging but for some reason my imagination just can't see to come up with anything really special. Do any of you have any thoughts or ideas? I would really appreciate your help.

I love them. What I'd do is find some foamcore board of some sort, maybe something heavier, insert a square in each pillow top and then hang them as is. They are way too cute to alter in any way.

GrannieAnnie 08-07-2012 07:39 AM

please, do not tear them apart!!

cjr 08-07-2012 07:52 AM

Keep as is. Arrange in a diamond shape , applique to black background. What a beautiful treasure.

barny 08-07-2012 07:59 AM

I like GrannieAnnies' Idea. Please don't take them apart. You'll treasure them like they are.

dunster 08-07-2012 08:19 AM

I agree, don't deconstruct them. I would place them on a pastel background, stitch them down in the inner border, just before the ruffle, so the ruffle is loose, and make a wall hanging. Beautiful work.