Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Helping a Quilting Wife (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/helping-quilting-wife-t123616.html)

donnaluigi 05-17-2011 02:18 PM

How is the lighting in the room, when you sew you need alot of light. Something that hold her thread with enough room for a bobbin to match. And if you have rugs in the room she would probably like a tiled floor or floating floor it is easier to clean up. Hope that helps.

materialgrl 05-17-2011 03:01 PM

A pretty pair of gingher scissors,a girl can never have enough of those,and they are always coming out with new ones,so she probable won't have the newest one

greaterexp 05-17-2011 04:15 PM

My daughter suggested (she made me under pressure) that I make an Amazon wish list so she would have an easier time finding gifts that I would truly like. One can put things on their wishlist from other sites besides Amazon, too. Encourage your wife to do so for gadgets, books, patterns, etc., and you'll be sure to choose something she will like, since she picked it out herself! Since you're a handy guy, you could make something on her list that you could customize just for her. What a thoughtful guy!

CAS49OR 05-17-2011 04:19 PM

Does she have a good ergonomic/dense padding/adjustable/comfy chair? Hubby bought me one because he knows I have so many aches and pains, best purchase we've made -- really makes the difference if she sews for very long at a time.

wvdek 05-17-2011 04:28 PM

How about a nice spa treatment, nice lunch, and then to a quilt shop or show.

Two weekends ago, my DH took me to the next county over for the premier showing of the county quilt barns. We were able to see about a dozen of them. Then we ended up at a wonderful spa in the mountains near a state forest and had a couples spa treatment. We then came home and had time to change and go out for dinner and dancing. Now that was a great birthday!

MyWifeMadeME 05-17-2011 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
I truly think she would want you to share your talent with all her good friends...I need shelves, taller cutting tables, another sewing machine table, a bit more space, etc. etc. LOL!!!! I'd just like to tell her how lucky she is! And I'd like to tell you that the mold must have gotten broken after you were made! Good job!
P.S. Do you make chairs??? JK!!! LOL!

I try to what I can for others. What a great bunch of ideas. Thanks! Anytime you guys are up to the mountains of East Tennessee,,, shout!

calla 05-17-2011 04:36 PM

And why are you seeking suggestions? What is it that your wanting? calla

Pat G 05-17-2011 06:05 PM

How about a huge diamond? Works everytime.

verna2197 05-17-2011 06:10 PM

hey I am in the mountains in Between Nashville & Knoxville, I could use some help on my sewing room! :-D

rather B stitchin 05-17-2011 06:31 PM

how far do you want to go? I look at quilting cruises and drool. Does she mention a designer or quilter she admires their work check out their web sites and see if she could attend a conference.