Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hoarders: Buried Alive on TLC (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hoarders-buried-alive-tlc-t116605.html)

aorlflood 04-16-2011 11:54 AM

I'm handquilting today and watching Hoarders: Buried Alive and the house they are doing right now, they keep showing a little black case sitting next to the walking area that I swear looks like a Featherweight case! I want them to stop the camera and open it up so I can see! LOL

Maia B 04-16-2011 11:59 AM

Chuckles. Isn't it funny what we focus on?

amma 04-16-2011 12:22 PM

LMBO way to zero in on a treasure amongst all of the trash/treasures :D:D:D

QuiltingGrannie 04-16-2011 01:50 PM

I do the same thing while watching shows. I tend to watch more of what is in the background and on the sets now that i am a quilter.

cabbagepatchkid 04-16-2011 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
I'm handquilting today and watching Hoarders: Buried Alive and the house they are doing right now, they keep showing a little black case sitting next to the walking area that I swear looks like a Featherweight case! I want them to stop the camera and open it up so I can see! LOL

That's so funny because I was watching a show (can't remember the name of it) where a guy goes into someones house and sells their belongings. I could have sworn that, as the camera was panning the room, I saw the case for a vintage Singer model 301. I stopped and rewound several times to see if I could see it better and in the end I think that the case actually held some guns or knives.

Also, few weeks ago, I was watching the show "Mobsters" and they were showing that this particular mobster had control over that city's garment district. While they were talking about it they showed footage of men and women (in some sort of sweat shop) sewing on the big old black Singers. I was trying to see which models they were using but the footage was grainy.

I guess us quilters have a one track mind :mrgreen:

sewobsessed1 04-16-2011 02:11 PM

Did you happen to see the one before that where they threw out the Singer? ~cringe~

aorlflood 04-16-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by sewobsessed1
Did you happen to see the one before that where they threw out the Singer? ~cringe~

Well...in this same episode where I thought I saw the featherweight case, they threw out a white singer because it didn't work...but it looked like a newer, cheaper one...prob. not worth saving.

Is that the one you are talking about?

sewobsessed1 04-16-2011 02:37 PM

Yeah, it probably was the same one. I've been watching all day, so one runs into another. I just kept thinking, "They aren't going to throw all her fabric away, are they?" lol.

That machine would have been worth saving to me :(
It was probably a quick fix that would have run better than what I have now...

sueisallaboutquilts 04-17-2011 06:35 AM

I should have watched that show. I bet I would have felt better about my stash :)