Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   House Cleaner? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/house-cleaner-t221085.html)

solstice3 05-10-2013 10:21 AM

My DH went to our place in Montana about 3 weeks ago. I went through the house like a hurricane got all the stuff done that needed done and the last 3 weeks have been for quilting and other play... now it is time to run the vac and get the threads up.... and that will be all!

IBQUILTIN 05-10-2013 10:46 AM

My DH passed away last year in June, and I never realized how much quilting I was not getting done with all the special care. I can q" me for something else

HouseDragon 05-10-2013 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by mustangquilts (Post 6056043)
Oh yes, it has a craft room. It is 16 x 28. DH already has his shop built. He knew better that to argue about my sewing room. Besides, as he says, If momma is happy, we all are happy! :0)

Big time KEEPER! :)

Carol34446 05-10-2013 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 (Post 6055716)
The ONE time a year the house gets a GOOD cleaning is before vacation because we have someone come to stay at the house to pet sit and I don't want her to be grossed out! Haha! Other than that, it's sort of a 'lick and a promise' as the saying goes!

We raise RT's and house is never clean as I would like, but I would have to spend all my time cleaning to do that, so I go with the lick and a promise thingy too. I spend 30-45 minutes a day cleaning something, most days and floors daily. Rather be sewing/quilting.

cowgirlquilter 05-10-2013 11:37 AM

In honor of your "vacation" I will eat some marvelous chocolate chip cookies......yum!

palmetto girl 05-10-2013 03:42 PM

mustangquilts, enjoy once you start moving your "me" time might be very little. Hope you get a lot of quilting done.

my-ty 05-10-2013 04:38 PM

Enjoy your Me time. For those of us that live in busy households or just two person households, there is nothing nicer than being "Home Alone". Don't waste this time by cleaning!

katesnanna 05-10-2013 05:01 PM

I am enjoying time alone at the moment. Usually when DH goes away he always comes back early, so this time he didn't give me an ETA. He does what I call a road trip each year which gives me a break. As a Vietnam vet he can be hard work at times as he has PTSD. I think the time away does us both good and reminds us how much we still mean to each other. We've been married 45 years this year.

VickieW 05-10-2013 06:01 PM

Where in Wyoming? I use to live in Wyoming. Wamsutter, Wyoming and went to school in Rawlins.

ging10ging 05-10-2013 06:10 PM

Sounds like fun I think sometimes you get more done when you are working and home alone. My DH and I are married 50 yrs this Dec. and I can sew when I want except I sometimes feel quilty leaving the housework when I know it's waiting for me. It is hard getting used to getting a new routine with DH home all the time but I like it. Enjoy your 7 days they'll go quick for sure. Sue