Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   House Hunters//// (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/house-hunters-t185894.html)

quiltingfan 04-13-2012 05:43 AM

House Hunters////

I was watching an old rerun of house hunters and this young family were temporarily with his mom and dad while they hunted for a new house. His mom had quilts everywhere. I kept thinking that is what I want not a room that does not have at least a couple of quilts laying around for the family to use. I guess I better start making more for me and not so may to give away... It was kind of cool that I recognized so may of the patterns.

auntpiggylpn 04-13-2012 06:06 AM

I was watching one of the house buying shows, not sure but I think it was Property Virgins and the most important priority was a sewing room!

Writergrrl 04-13-2012 07:00 AM

Love that. Maybe that House Hunters episode is linked on the HGTV site? They have a lot of full episodes. If anyone finds the link, post it here! Would love to see it.

omaluvs2quilt 04-13-2012 09:20 AM

House Hunters is my favorite show! and I don't remember this one...I'd love to see it!!!

EvelynJ 04-13-2012 01:39 PM

LOL, that does sound like the perfect house, doesn't it?

mucky 04-13-2012 02:45 PM

I have quilts in every room except the kitchen. No wall space there.

Amythyst02 04-14-2012 03:43 AM

Oh I have wall hanging quilts in my living room and hallways. They were made by my MIL who was a fantastic quilter. She did everything by hand and they are just wonderful. No one else in the family wanted them when she passed away, and I grabbed all of them!! And promptly hung them as soon as we returned home.

quilter68 04-14-2012 06:01 AM

One problem with open floor plans in a house is ...tadah...no walls to hang things on. My house isn't completely open but still not enough walls.

MacThayer 04-14-2012 06:39 AM

I saw a house with an open floor plan, and the woman had covered the CEILING with quilts. I know that sounds strange, but it was just awesome! Plus she had taken a couple of room dividers, removed the fabric or whatever was in them, and replaced them with her own quilts. Each of the dividers had a "triptych" done in small quilts, or in other words, a series of 3 quilts that belonged together to make a whole scene. One was a series of natural settings, and you could see where the border went around the outside of the whole, not around each quilt. Flowers, butterflies, a garden path, trees -- all continues from one quilt to the next. It started with a meadow at one end, and finished with the beginnings of a forest at the other. It was just gorgeous! The other was more eclectic: the same quilt done in three very different color schemes, yet they all came together.

Can you tell this made an impression on me? I wish I had pictures!

Quilts make a house -- or condo or apartment -- into a home. They give color, warmth and personalization to the home. And you're right. I should be keeping more of my quilts instead of giving them all away! Thanks for the head's up!

Cheers!

conniemaried 04-14-2012 09:47 AM

I love House Hunters and all those shows on HGTV. Would like to see Property Brothers get a hold of someone who wants a sewing room!