Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Houston International Quilt Festival (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/houston-international-quilt-festival-t166654.html)

LeslieSkelly 11-06-2011 04:22 PM

Houston International Quilt Festival

How many people got to go? I did and I had a wonderful time. But I am exhausted. Can't wait to go back again .... :-)

sandyquiltz 11-06-2011 04:24 PM

I went Friday and Saturday. Saw wonderful eye candy and bought lots of goodies.

QuiltingJaguar 11-06-2011 04:29 PM

Anyone take photos to share?

mema5 11-06-2011 04:31 PM

I went 3 years ago - it was heavenly.....I really want to do that again - maybe next year!

LeslieFrost 11-06-2011 04:35 PM

I wish I could have gone! I've been following the progress of the AAQI booth. They've sold two of my little quilts! Did you see the booth?

Please show us some of the great stuff that you bought!

sandyquiltz 11-06-2011 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar (Post 4643369)
Anyone take photos to share?

I took a lot of photos of art quilts but I didn't get the names of all the artists. Quilts Festival rules says you can't post pix without artist's names so I don't want to cause any problems for Patrice. She's got enough on her plate now.

All the quilts were amazing. I used a scooter this year because of knee problems and it was the best money I ever spent because for the first time I was able to see every single one of the quilts exhibited.

Got to wait until tomorrow to post pictures of the goodies I bought. No way I'm letting DH see the obscene amount of loot I brought home!

knlsmith 11-06-2011 04:45 PM

How does it compare to the AQS show in Paducah? I go to that one, but might think about flying to the market next year.

crochetetc 11-06-2011 05:05 PM

I went Friday and Saturday and had a blast. Spent way to much :)

AnitaSt 11-06-2011 05:08 PM

I went on Thursday with my guild...as a group with another guild on a bus (we're only 2 hours away). It was my first trip and I was pretty overwhelmed by the vendor area. But it didn't stop me from buying a bunch of stuff! Had a wonderful but tiring day. Even got to see Eleanor Burns, Alexander Anderson, and Jodi Barrows.

The quilts were beautiful. As our guild president said...she thought she could have been quite competitive with some of the quilts....the ones in the 4H Group! I looked at some of those quilts and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Some of them apparently will be on display at the Texas Quilt Museum after it opens this month. It's in LaGrange in a historic building downtown.

Anita

brenda90159 11-06-2011 05:10 PM

I went Thursday and I was able to go the week before to Market with my sister on Saturday. Market was nice just to see the booths the shops see and I kind of got an idea of the layout so I was prepared for the crowds at festival. I am in a wheelchair full time so it is a little harder to maneuver in the crowds and I was glad to know what the layout was. I am hooked now for sure. Being a new quilter and living here I will be a regular from now on.