Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Houston (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/houston-t23627.html)

CajunQuilter2 08-04-2009 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I'll be waiting for ya. Just honk the horn when you get here!

Will Do!!! :D :D :D

R

CajunQuilter2 08-04-2009 11:02 AM

[quote=billswife99]When is the Houston show? I have a new nephew coming in the next couple of weeks and wouldn't it be a great coincidence to have a quilt show there when I go for my first visit? :mrgreen: [/quote

Jenell,
It is Oct 15,16, 17, & 18.

imjustme 08-04-2009 11:38 AM

LOL I was wondering why you would want to come here- It's so hot - then I saw the quilt show comment- makes sense now lol

Lisa 08-04-2009 11:57 AM

My mom and I will be going. We are lucky that I have an aunt that lives just outside of Houston we can stay with and it's only about a 3 1/2 hr. drive from where we live. We usually leave on Wednesday and spend Thursday and Friday there, it definitively takes 2 days to get the full scoop and sometimes my mom goes back on Saturday! She's 71, I'm 48 and I can't keep up with her! lol!

motomom 08-05-2009 12:44 PM

My daughter and I are seriously considering going to this. It would be our first big quilt show, and we really don't know what to expect. But it would be such a fun adventure!

BellaBoo 08-05-2009 12:52 PM

WOW! My daughter called me this morning and said Mom I'll be working in Houston starting this month for three months. (she travels a lot for her job) I am one happy mom! A nice (free) place to stay and a chauffeur to boot! She'll be working a few blocks from the convention center. I'm going to Houston. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :!:

CajunQuilter2 08-05-2009 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by motomom
My daughter and I are seriously considering going to this. It would be our first big quilt show, and we really don't know what to expect. But it would be such a fun adventure!

It's hard to put into words, but the first time It was amazing all the stuff in there. You walk in and go "OH MY GAWD" where do I start. The first year I have to cofess my friend and I did not even get to see any of the quilts on exhibit. There is just SO much to see. And yes it will be an adventure but you will love it.

Starr 02-01-2010 07:42 AM

Hi,

I just joined the board and I am going to Houston 2010.

I can't find info on the classes yet & I want to make sure about dates for arriving. Also, how to find out about the teachers now, since catalogues not out until much later.

This will be my first Houston and I am scared & excited 8-)

CajunQuilter2 02-01-2010 08:14 AM

Star, i have been 3 times. you are gonna love it. i have the site with all the info. pm me and i will the info to you.

Starr 02-03-2010 02:32 AM

Thanks so much. I found & joined the quilt board as a result on internet about Houston.

It seems like a dream that I am making happen to go. I don't know anyone who has ever been. I feel it in my bones that I need to be there. It will be fun connecting with people thru the board who have gone & are going.

What is it that makes Houston so magic?
Have you taken any workshops.? No idea of what they offer and the info will not be out until June or July.

This feels like such a grand adventure.
:-D