Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Big is Your Stash??Let's be honest... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-big-your-stash-lets-honest-t322.html)

Mary Stire 09-11-2007 06:15 PM

Hi Vickie,
Glad to to know you are working on your stash. It is a life long job. I buy fabric just for the joy of it. The colors just stir my soul. Buy th way I live just north of the lake in Abita Springs. There is also a grat shop in Kenner on Williams Blvd.

Mary in Louisiana :lol:

vicki reno 09-12-2007 03:02 AM

I don't think I have ever been to that shop Mary but think I went to one years ago on BAyou Manchac. My sister knows all the neat places to shop for fabric.

Mary Stire 09-12-2007 07:57 AM

Vickie,

Where in N.C. do you live? My Baby brother livea in Albemarle.

Mary

vicki reno 09-12-2007 08:31 AM

Mary, I am in Raleigh in the middle of the state.

Flying_V_Goddess 09-12-2007 02:39 PM

I have one medium sized box full of fabric plus another half-box.

cynde 09-12-2007 07:52 PM

I have 3 under the bed clear storage bins full of quilting fabric, plus a small tub of scraps and a large dresser drawer full of fabric that is designated for specific projects.

Nepthys 09-13-2007 08:59 AM

I'm somewhat new, so I don't have much. I have a kitchen garbage bag where I toss my strips that my daughter tosses around to choose colors for her quilt. I did buy a small box of old fabric at a junk shop recently. It has some wonderful stuff in it, including two original feed sacks that I can't convince myself to death by cutter yet.

I also cross stitch, no that's a separate issue. I have silk thread coming out my ears from Vikki Clayton. She has beautiful silk floss and perle, ribbon and more if anyone is into crazy quilting. And it is cheap and she is a doll to work with. You can find her at www.hand-dyedfibers.com. Tell her I sent you! She's also got some hand dyed silk duponi that she is selling now.

I'm desperate for more scraps. I'm hoping that I'll be able to come across a stash soon :) I don't have proper rulers or a cutting board either. I am hoping I'll be able to find a cheap one sometime soon.

Diamonds 09-13-2007 10:41 AM

I have too much stash :lol: At least that is what my family tells me.. I have a 10x14 room.. It does have my clothes hung up in there but the rest of the room is filled with totes of fabric.. I organize the totes by the dominating color.. It is the only way to keep it all organized..

It definately is not a perfect system.. I would love to have a room filled with cedar shelves.. I want to be able to put it all up where I could see what all I have and how much of it.. I have a bad habit of buying something I already have :cry:

O WHO?HookEMWe'rebetternU 09-26-2007 06:25 PM

:? :P Well ya might say as Big as Dallas but not quite still working on it and quilting along Merrily!!!!

jbsstrawberry 09-26-2007 06:37 PM

I wonder...how much of the earth y'all could cover with your stashes? Or how many times around they would go. I have a healthy stash...a large boot size storage box full of stripped fabric (thanks to my big sister), the bottom 3 shelves of a floor to ceiling book shelf, 2 large storage tubs that the lids won't close on...several plastic bags full designated for matching clothes for the girls Christmas complete with matching outfits for their baby dolls. Lots of remnents found at yard sales designated for Christmas Stockings, and shelf sitter doll clothes (big cardboard box of leather scraps and remnants in variety of colors to make shoes for shelf sitter dolls), hhhmmmm I think thats about it.