Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Can I Get Out of My Slump? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-can-i-get-out-my-slump-t177052.html)

sewbeadit 01-26-2012 05:26 PM

Take a break from sewing for a little while, or go make a pincushion or something like that, not even anything quilted. Try some art sewing or quilting, do something to break the chain of normal.

hobbykat1955 01-26-2012 05:27 PM

join the bd's Doll Quilt swap which is small and your making it for someone else...Very inspiring...and gets you thinking of doing something special for someone else.

mountain deb 01-26-2012 05:29 PM

I get over whelmed with life around here and can not get it all together. Thus the slump I am in right now. "One of these days" has been a long time in coming. Hopefully.............soon.

quiltingal 01-26-2012 05:32 PM

Barbara, I was feeling the same way, my sewing machine quit on me, I bought a new one, but still couldn't get in the mood to sew. My neighbor called me Saturday and wanted me to go to a new quilt shop for block of the month meeting. I went and being with all those quilters and seeing their drive worked. I am back to sewing and loving it. Good luck you will get it back.

Tartan 01-26-2012 05:38 PM

Have you seen the post on the easy square casserole carrier. It was posted by Gail and is a quick and neat little project. It might get you back in the mood. Go through your stash and pull out a couple or co-ordinating samples, it only needs about 20 inces of 2 fabrics plus a longer piece for the handle. I used mine to practice my FMQ on.

barny 01-26-2012 07:19 PM

I think, from reading all the work that went on here for Christmas gifts, that everyones' slump is the body trying to tell you it needs a good rest. Just my opinion.ha

quiltingcandy 01-26-2012 07:29 PM

Usually I get out of my slumps by doing something else or going on vacation where I cannot take my quilting. The minute I am no longer able to do it, I have a great desire. Guess I just want what I can't have.

Suzannew 01-26-2012 07:41 PM

I hate to suggest this but going to the fabric inspires me in soooooooooo many ways. He he he. I then go home and re-organize by fabric and supplies.

Dolphyngyrl 01-26-2012 07:50 PM

For me I don't do deadline, if I finish a quilt in a month or a year, it won't matter I work on it when in the mood. If I am not in the mood for 5 month so be it, You don't have to be constantly productive. Its supposed to be fun, so work on it at your own pace when you want.

Denise S 01-26-2012 08:00 PM

I call it quilting ADD ( I just can't sit at the machine too long without getting up to do something else).
To cover all bases, I generally call it the winter blues. Not enough vitamin D and sunshine.

I try to think of my life as seasons....when I am able to do the things I love, I am thankful. When I am not able to the things I love, for whatever reason...I just try to think of it as a season...and I know it will come back.