Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How could I have been so stupid!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-could-i-have-been-so-stupid-t149757.html)

My time 09-03-2011 12:12 PM

Oh man What a drag!! Unfortunately it may be to late for you be there could be a lesson here for the rest of us. Never, ever, keep your quilts in a garbage bag, ever!! I really feel your pain, so sorry this happened.

My time 09-03-2011 12:13 PM

Oh man What a drag!! Unfortunately it may be to late for you be there could be a lesson here for the rest of us. Never, ever, keep your quilts in a garbage bag, ever!! I really feel your pain, so sorry this happened.

Sunflower Girl 09-03-2011 12:25 PM

On no! That would be the one time he actually took out the trash when I asked him to!

maryellen2u 09-03-2011 12:51 PM

I's so sorry! Happened to me once too. I had 500 pieces for a quilt sitting on my brother's counter in a basket. He (or his jealous wife) threw them away. I mean really gone! I will pray to St. Anthony for you. He is so good at helping to find lost items.

mountain deb 09-03-2011 12:54 PM

This coworker had a big order of Longerburger baskets, I believe she said over $1,000 worth. She sorted them all out and set them by the door to take to work the next morning. Hubby took out all the trash. I will let your imagination fill in the rest. Needless to say, she had to order more.

tlclifford47 09-03-2011 01:19 PM

I did the same thing years ago only it was a sweater I had just finished. It was made of wool from my nieces sheep and specially dyed. Never again does anything go into a bag that I use for the trash can.

All Thumbs 09-03-2011 01:34 PM

Dear Saint Anthony,

kewlquilts has lost a quilt top with hours of loving stitches for a family member's gift. Please, please look around, it is lost and must be found......

Now while our saints do not just find anything frivolous, they do help us find special items. And when they do, please remember to say thank you with a charity quilt or something in return.

So fellow quilters help me say this one more time: Saint Anthony, kewlquilts' quilt top is lost and must be found.

megs0863 09-03-2011 01:36 PM

The same thing happened to me. I had bought this beautiful fabric for a little girl's dress. It was fully cut out and marked, ready to sew. I put it in a plastic bag and brought it to work to show a coworker. I left it in a plastic bag in the car that weekend and hubby loaded the car for the dump and you can guess the rest. I looked everywhere before realizing what happened. Had to buy more fabric and start fresh. Best advice, let go and don't look back.

Caroleen 09-03-2011 01:42 PM

kewlquilts, a friend of mine put a diamond brooch ($32,000 value) in a pocket of a jacket, took the jacket to Goodwill. A few days later she realized she had done that and called Goodwill, of course, they said they had not seen it. Imagine how she felt!!
Keep praying that it will show up. I pray it will too.

starburst 09-03-2011 01:44 PM

I have done that before. It's a horrible feeling.. Wish you luck on finding it..