Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you decide what to make next? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-decide-what-make-next-t134428.html)

craftybear 07-01-2011 06:02 AM

How do you decide what to make next?

Do you have a long list of things that you want to make, list for gifts for birthday, Christmas, etc.

This should be a fun thread so we can all discuss

How do you decide what to make next?

Let's have fun!

blueangel 07-01-2011 06:04 AM

Just whatever comes to mind.

erstan947 07-01-2011 06:08 AM

I work on a crisis bases only? However, I have to be in the "mood" for anything I work on.:)

lindy-2 07-01-2011 06:09 AM

yup me to and im always behind still working on moms bday quilt her bday was the 27th. oh well it should be done befor the end off summer.

Originally Posted by erstan947
I work on a crisis bases only? However, I have to be in the "mood" for anything I work on.:)

May in Jersey 07-01-2011 06:10 AM

Whatever is due next. My current list:
Elizabeth's grad quilt - due July 23 for her grad party(shopping for fabrics today),

Maggie's baby quilt - due July 24 for her Christening (top made but needs to be quilted),

and so it goes. Someday I'll be ahead of the game and make a quilt just because I feel like it.

KimmieH 07-01-2011 06:11 AM

im trying to work thru a bunch of kits i was on a kick about purchasing for awhile..so once those are done..ill work the oodles of ideas & patterns i have accumulated!
trying to work within my stash so i dont go broke ;)

tealady 07-01-2011 06:20 AM

My next project is whatever strikes my fancy.
Right now, I'm trying to finish some UFOs. But I've had a hankering to do the blue jean/Cathedral Windows. I have a stash of blue jean squares and began working on cutting the circles yesterday. This will be a long-term project.

leatheflea 07-01-2011 06:22 AM

Gee that's a difficult question. It really depends on the time of year. right now I'm working on a quilt for my aunt. And the plan is after its done, quilt the quilt for my step daughter, and then make a quilt for my youngest son. Now will they actually fall in that order. I didn't plan to make my aunt a quilt but she became ill, my sons quilt was supposed to be next. Then the step daughter saw a top that I had and wanted it so.... You see how it goes. I never know what I'll be doing next. All things could change by the time I finish my aunts quilt. I also have quilted towel toppers that I need to finish and wallets to make.

Great-great granny 07-01-2011 06:30 AM

I'm trying to work on Christmas gifts. Have 3 memory lap quilts for great-grand kids to help on to give their parents, (about 1/2 thru the 1st now) then a couple lap quilts (or more) for grown grand kids.

My mind always thinks I can do more than I end up doing :cry:

And while I'm doing that I'm also trying to "weed out" a bunch of stuff for a possible move in 4 to 6 mo's.

Never a dull moment :lol:

laughingquilter 07-01-2011 06:32 AM

I've usually got a due date for projects I'm doing for gifts. In between the "have to's" I squeeze in the "want to's" and it's kind of a "whatever I'm in the mood for" process to choose those....