Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you do it??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-do-t10603.html)

tlrnhi 08-27-2008 06:51 PM

When I was working, I always put aside an hour or so a day to work on whatever it was that was in the makings. Now that I'm not working, I pretty much have all the time in the world, except that dreaded housework gets in my way at times. UGH!!

joylavon 08-28-2008 02:37 AM

Hey, go to >tigertape.com< it helps with the hand quilting.

butterflywing 08-29-2008 01:25 PM

i started my first two quilts when my kids were 7 and 12. each quilt is about 95 x 95. i finished them this year. the 'kids' are 40 and 45. in the meantime, i started and stopped a lot of quilts and finished a number, but i don't know anyone who took 33 years to finish two quilts. someday, whoever reads the label on the back will think there's some mistake in the dating. it makes me and my children laugh about it now that they are finally done. but it was worth it. they both love them.

mfre42day 08-29-2008 10:22 PM

i started my first two quilts when my kids were 7 and 12. each quilt is about 95 x 95. i finished them this year. the 'kids' are 40 and 45
Thank you! You caused me to LOL! I tell my GD that she may be getting her quilt for a wedding present, she's 8 now...I will have to share your story with she and her mother.

beachlady 08-30-2008 04:15 AM

I have 3 construction truck type in the making for my almost 4 yr old grandson - daughter told him while he was here that he might get them by the time he goes to college. That might be true!!!

sandpat 08-30-2008 04:29 AM

I'm not a fast quilter, just persistant. I don't have any kids and I don't work...so I can play most of the time (more since I started paying a guy to do the yard work :lol: ) I hand and machine quilt and hand and machine quilt.

I usually keep something sitting by my chair in the den to do by hand while I watch tv...its amazing how quickly you can finish something up and you don't even realize you are doing it! Theres alot of times that I have time to do hand work and no time to get to the machine.

Bill'sBonBon 08-31-2008 11:59 AM

I am retired but I still have a great deal to do in my day. My husband is disabled but does ok He can't do anything that requires pulling or going over his head. My mom lives with me she will be 82 in Oct. She is phsically disabled partial hip replacement,macular degeneration,gluacoma plus the beginnings of mental disabilties. Machine quilting is faster than hand quilting. So dont you worry some of the pictures you see are quilts done a few years ago.
Bill'sBonBon

Cordelia 08-31-2008 01:06 PM

I get discouraged, sometimes, that I cannot accomplish as much as I'd like.

I work full time and teach part time and run a household and none of that allows me to sew during the week. It is only on Saturday when I can visit my parents that I sew.

And then, I always hope to accomplish a certain thing, only to find that I can't get it all done in one day.

And when I make a mistake, that doesn't just cost me a day, but a whole week.

:(