Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you know when to quit sewing for the day????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-know-when-quit-sewing-day-t176734.html)

kay carlson 01-23-2012 08:51 PM

Well, I sure do feel much better after having read your posts. Thank you for taking the time and effort to reply! ;-) Yup, I did get another SD card for my camera so taking a picture is a possibility when I reach the quilter's mental block.

I should have just left earlier and not stayed long enough to "stew" over my situation. By putting the border on the back burner and doing something else that I enjoy, I could have left the sewing area with wings of happiness.......
Sometimes, I can't see the trees for the forest -- or is it the other way around?!

After dinner, I did knit on a preemie hat for the grass roots program to prevent shaken baby syndrome. I am fortunate to have the time to do things for charity and spend some time with my DH.

Blessings to each of you this day and always,
Kay Carlson

sewellie 01-23-2012 09:01 PM

I would leave it, think about it while I should be sleeping and sometimes come up with an inspiration. Don't take the joy out of it by pushing the issue.

pasolovers 01-24-2012 03:43 AM

For me the time to quit is before I get tired...if I start thinking "just a little more " I"ll quit, or I'll end up redoing everything anyway.

ksdot417 01-24-2012 05:18 AM

If I didn't learn anything else in my home economics class I learned that when things aren't going well - take a break. It's amazing how much better things go when you walk away from a project for a little bit and then go back with a fresh set of eyes. Hang in there.

Kazahleenah 01-24-2012 05:24 AM

When I am tired... when I find myself making "stupid mistakes". Like hand stitching two squares together just to realise at the end that one was backward. Errrrg!

Jackie Spencer 01-24-2012 06:20 AM

When I know Im really tired or I start making mistakes. Then I turn everything off and go sit in my chair and embroider or do some kind of hand stitching. Never could just sit and stare at the TV.

AprilG 01-24-2012 06:21 AM

I quit when I start seeing double! or, when my DH's stomach can be heard rumbling from across the room! Usually the DH thing. Actually, I quit when the light goes. I can't find a light bright enough to quilt by, so, my south facing bedroom is my sewing room and the sunlight streaming in on most days (I'm in Texas, not too many cloudy days) is great!

Rosewood9 01-24-2012 06:56 AM

When quilting becomes a chore i know it's time to quit for the day.

Glenda m 01-24-2012 06:59 AM

The DH has said he will one day come in the sewing room, grab the back of my chair, wheel me into the bedroom and tip me into the bed. I'm still waitiing for that to happen. LOL

lenette 01-24-2012 07:10 AM

Love your 'multipying rabbits' story!