Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How I store my batting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-i-store-my-batting-t177478.html)

CajunQuilter2 01-29-2012 06:49 PM

How I store my batting

Ok this will be the 4th time I try to post this message!!!!

Last week it suddenly struck me to use space bags to store my batting in. Now I get 4-5 times more batting in the same amount of space as without the bags. DUH, why did I not think of this before.

Don't know if any one else has problems posting. When I try to submit it freezes and says "Quilt Board has stopped responding".... Very frustrating

lfstamper 01-29-2012 06:50 PM

probably your pic is too large to post. resize it then post.

CajunQuilter2 01-29-2012 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by lfstamper (Post 4923775)
probably your pic is too large to post. resize it then post.

thanks for the suggestion but I did not post a pic.

Val in IN 01-29-2012 07:28 PM

Ive never had any luck with space bags. The zipper things always break, and even if they don't, the vacuum seal always releases. I gave up on them.

yngldy 01-29-2012 07:32 PM

I have been using the spacebags for batting for a couple years now. Keeps the bugs out and doesn't take up as much space. You have to be careful when you use the zipper so that the "tab" does not cut the plastic. The colored bags don't seem to be as sturdy as the clear. The cube stores more.

bluebird 01-29-2012 07:44 PM

What a good idea. Bought a whole roll of fluffy polyester batting......was something for u tube.....pushing, sitting and laying on that roll to get it down flatter so we could tie the huge plastic bag closed. Then after much struggling, trying to get it into the back seat of my truck. Of course, wanted to take it in the house when dh was gone and had to wait til the next morning. Yup, it sprung a leak and filled the back seat and over the seats. Thought I would never get it out and into the guest room. When my dgs entered the room, he squeeled, Grandma, a hay bale! That was over a year ago and many many quilts later, it still takes up a huge portion of the room. :-)

Murphy 01-29-2012 07:45 PM

Great idea. Thank you for this tip.

normasews 01-29-2012 07:46 PM

Wow, great idea since batting always takes so much room.

dunster 01-29-2012 08:04 PM

I've been having the same problem with posting. I notified PatriceJ, and others have also reported the problem. If you just wait (a long time, so you might want to start working in another tab or window at that point), the message will eventually go through.

auntpiggylpn 01-29-2012 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by bluebird (Post 4923942)
What a good idea. Bought a whole roll of fluffy polyester batting......was something for u tube.....pushing, sitting and laying on that roll to get it down flatter so we could tie the huge plastic bag closed. Then after much struggling, trying to get it into the back seat of my truck. Of course, wanted to take it in the house when dh was gone and had to wait til the next morning. Yup, it sprung a leak and filled the back seat and over the seats. Thought I would never get it out and into the guest room. When my dgs entered the room, he squeeled, Grandma, a hay bale! That was over a year ago and many many quilts later, it still takes up a huge portion of the room. :-)

I got quite the mental picture from your description! Thanks for the laugh!!!