Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How long would you wait? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-long-would-you-wait-t60165.html)

sarahbelle 08-19-2010 05:40 AM

I placed an order on 6/28 with the Fabric Depot (had never used them, but they were having some good sales). I still am waiting on the order. I have placed two calls to them in the meantime, checking on the status. Some of the items were backordered (and still are). I feel bad and don't want to cancel the order because they already cut some of the Bella solids that I ordered. But honestly, at what point would you just say enough is enough and cancel the order?

raptureready 08-19-2010 05:44 AM

I would have them send me the Bella solids (if I still wanted them) and cancel the rest of the order. I'd also check and see if I couldn't get free shipping or a reduced rate on the fabric or even a free yard or two of fabric for my trouble. The fact that YOU had to call them instead of them being proactive and calling you about this is not good business practice. Actually I would insist on some form of compensation or I'd cancel the whole order whether they've cut it or not.

Favorite Fabrics 08-19-2010 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by sarahbelle
I placed an order on 6/28 with the Fabric Depot (had never used them, but they were having some good sales). I still am waiting on the order. I have placed two calls to them in the meantime, checking on the status. Some of the items were backordered (and still are). I feel bad and don't want to cancel the order because they already cut some of the Bella solids that I ordered. But honestly, at what point would you just say enough is enough and cancel the order?

Did they tell you when the backordered items were due in? They should have that information available. They may - or may not - have already cut the solids. Backorders are always an "iffy" thing, because sometimes a shop will place an order for a fabric, and a second printing of it never happens. (I'm a buyer for a shop, so I know a bit about "how it works".)

I would say that you should call them again, and ask them to give you a definite ETA for the fabrics. If they give you a date, then you can decide if the timeframe works for you. If they don't seem to knowa date, and you're not comfortable waiting, don't feel awkward about canceling. Are they still holding those solids for you? If you're fairly confident that you can find the backordered fabrics elsewhere, maybe you could have Fabric Depot ship the solids.

One last thing... if Fabric Depot can't give you an ETA on the fabircs, if you can tell me the manufacturer and collection, I might be able to get some info for you through my connections.

sharon b 08-19-2010 06:15 AM

I think you have been a whole lot more patient then I would be :lol:

But Favorite fabric gave you some good advice ... call them and ask how much longer you have to wait ?

sueisallaboutquilts 08-19-2010 06:19 AM

Wow, that's ridiculously long to wait! Like going on 2 months! :(

Bobbinchick 08-19-2010 06:21 AM

I feel the same way about Clotilde. They are as slow as a horse's tail. I ordered 2 items from them and they have been shipped, but they are not here as yet. You'd think that once some thing is shipped, it woould bere here with in about 3 or 4 days and it has been a week already! Grrrr...I have a notion to give them a call also and they didn't supply a tracking # so I could track my order. Well have a great day and hope you will get your fabrics. THat was way too long to wait on the order. Huggies, Fay

sarahbelle 08-19-2010 06:59 AM

I didn't order anything super fancy: just a Kona solids roll-up ($15.60); 3 yards of Bleached White Bella Solid ($4.22/yard); 2 Moda Sugar Jelly Rolls ($18.52 each); 2 White Bella Solids Charm Packs ($4.87 each); 2 yards Black Kona ($4.87/yard); 2 yards Medium Gray Kona ($4/87/yard) and the Easy Dresden Tool Set ($5.25)... as you can see it was nothing earth shattering, it was more stocking up and basics.... but i have put off several different projects cause i didn't have the solids and didnt want to buy more when i was suppose to have some coming.

amma 08-19-2010 07:01 AM

I have ordered from Fabric Depot many times, and have never had this happen. I would contact them again like Favorite Fabrics suggested :D:D:D

Colbaltjars62 08-19-2010 07:19 AM

Well, some places do not ship until the whole order can be filled. I'm sure you can ask if they can ship you what is in stock now and then ship the backordered items when they become availiable. If they won't do this then ask for your money back. That way no harm no foul.