Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Have Been on a Quilting Cruise? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-have-been-quilting-cruise-t42750.html)

GailG 04-19-2010 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by shaverg

Originally Posted by katier825
I have not done one, but maybe someday. I have been on many cruises and think that if you had one that had a lot of sea days for the classes it would be better (like a 10 day Southern Caribbean or Hawaii from CA). Most of the 7 day Caribbean ones only have 2 sea days. For that much money, you'd probably want to spend some time doing cruise stuff.

I totally agree. I would rather go on a quilting retreat.

And I agree with you shaverg.

scrapsoftime 04-19-2010 04:55 AM

I also would love to go on one, but would have to be the RIGHT one. There's one advertised in a recent mag and it's r/t los angeles to Hawaii, Oct 2010 on Princess. If the group is good, this seems ideal cause you've got 4 sea days each way (to/from Hawaii). Def would want to check out the org behind it tho. I finished (hem but needed to press) a formal gown on one cruise I was on and since you couldnt have an iron in cabin, used the laundry room and it was packed with folks on the sea days and the irons were lousy. Sounds like so much fun!
Leigh

jolo 04-19-2010 05:57 AM

Check with Stitcin Heaven in Quitman,Tx for a cruise,Debbie Lutrell has one coming up and just posted one in 2011,They are not on my budget, she also does retreats,that I love. Those are more within my means.lol Tell her Jo Lofland sent you. Jolo

suzeq 04-19-2010 09:43 AM

What I like about the (not affiliated, just am going) Fons and Porter Love of Quilting Cruise is, from what I read, do not have to take any "tools". However, have not gotten official info yet. Cost for the Quilting sessions is pricey, IMO, but three teachers, and free stuff, @ $850. But, I think only three "at sea" days. Check it yourself. I may be wrong, won't be the first or last time. :lol: Silvia

LINANN 04-19-2010 11:46 AM

My sister and I went on one last Oct with our LQS. There were about 15 of us. No speakers. We had a nice room to set up all of our work. We sewed the 2 days we were at sea. Had time to sightsee also. We went to Bermuda from Sat. to Wed. out of Bayonne NJ. Our ship was the Explorer of the seas. We had a wonderful time.

stitchinwitch 04-19-2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by suzeq
What I like about the (not affiliated, just am going) Fons and Porter Love of Quilting Cruise is, from what I read, do not have to take any "tools". However, have not gotten official info yet. Cost for the Quilting sessions is pricey, IMO, but three teachers, and free stuff, @ $850. But, I think only three "at sea" days. Check it yourself. I may be wrong, won't be the first or last time. :lol: Silvia

That price doesn't seem bad at all - Where exactly are you cruising, and who are the instructors? - Sounds good - I am curious - when is it going? Thanks