Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Quilts Have You Made (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-quilts-have-you-made-t24407.html)

ScrapQuilter 08-20-2009 11:04 AM

Somewhere around 150 or so - but if you ask my hubby he might say 300.
Way to many by his count....... the other day at a local fair he was asked to buy a raffle ticket on a quilt and his reply to the gal was we have way to many quilts at our house - can't buy a ticket I might just win........ :D :D :D

Scrap

Deb watkins 08-20-2009 01:27 PM

I take pics of everything I make, quilts, totes, purses, whatever. i make a lap quilt for every house I sell as a house warming present ( I am a Realtor as well) so it is probably over a 100.

mpspeedy 08-20-2009 04:29 PM

I would have to say counting everything quilted or quilt related 500+. I made 41 Linus quilts last month. I have also done a lot of handquilting for other people over the years. If you add those the number is a lot higher. I handquilted two queen size quilts this summer. I have also made purses, tablerunners lots of wallhangings etc. etc. I made my first actual quilt in 1967.

Eddie 08-20-2009 04:45 PM

Wow, you all have made a lot of quilts! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm working on number 8 right now. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!

ghostrider 08-20-2009 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie
Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!

Don't worry about it, Eddie. There's no prize for the highest number. Enjoy what you do at your own speed, learn from each one and strive to make the next one better than the last. Works for quilting and just about everything else in life, too. :D

Marcia 08-20-2009 06:35 PM

I have made right around 100-including wall hangings, table runners, etc. I do have quite a few UFOs staring me in the face right now that would up that number if I finished them all!!

Scissor Queen 08-20-2009 06:36 PM

I had to make a list. If I didn't forget anything I've made 6 baby quilts, 33 wall hangings, and 42 quilts lap size or bigger. Most of the bigger quilts are either twin size or queen size. Plus too many table runners to count and 6 tree skirts.

littlehud 08-20-2009 07:07 PM

Somewhere around 25. I didn't think it was that many til I started adding them up. I learned something new with each one.

ScubaK 08-20-2009 07:54 PM

Boston...you are way too organized!!!
I wish I had a photo of all the quilts, table runners, baby quilts and etc...that I gave away...
I cannot get an accurate count because of this but I have made alot!
Some great, some not so great...
I laugh because some of my first ones that I gave away were so terrible (in my eyes now) that I cannot believe I gave them to the person...
How funny!!!
Kirsten

Boston1954 08-20-2009 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by KO24
Boston...you are way too organized!!!
I wish I had a photo of all the quilts, table runners, baby quilts and etc...that I gave away...
I cannot get an accurate count because of this but I have made alot!
Some great, some not so great...
I laugh because some of my first ones that I gave away were so terrible (in my eyes now) that I cannot believe I gave them to the person...
How funny!!!
Kirsten

I get it from my mother. She liked to take pictures of the things that she crocheted, and even her decorated cookies. She was famous in our town for all the cookies. She had about 310 cookie cutters.

Anyway, I started taking pictures of my cross stitch and now my quilts. Glad I did too. I love looking at all the ones I have given away. I looked at my list today and for each one I have kept, I have given one away.