Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-quilts-t9581.html)

KellyPA 07-28-2008 05:00 AM

do you work on at once (have in some kind of rotation)? How many UFOs do you have? Since I'm new to quilting (or I should say, I'm back to quilting, haven't done it in years!) I just have the one main quilt I'm working on (the Garden Patch) and I have a block that I need to finish into a pillow for DD and I also have to finish the table topper I started when I thought the other one was ruined. I do have a quilt that I started about 4 years ago for DH, but it's in a box somewhere and I need to find it. I would love to have it finished for him for Christmas.

Hugs!

tlrnhi 07-28-2008 05:17 AM

I have too many to count at the moment. I was cleaning up my room and found 2 quilts I started, but put away for some reason, they probably made me mad. lol
I think there was a thread about this before and one mentioned they had about 30+ going on. OH MY!

bebe 07-28-2008 05:31 AM

I have several and many have been in progree for years. 2 Christmas, tulip farm, flying geese, turquoise and brn diamonds, one with a reproduction collection, a cake stand one, biblical blocks, tea party, flip flops, whirli gig scrappy, orange crush mystery, another scrappy, and others I cannot think of.

Those are my ufo's not counting the dozens flying in my head!!!!

live2teach 07-28-2008 05:33 AM

I haven't done many large quilt projects. I tend to have all kinds of smaller projects but with quilts, I like to finish one then go to the next...that's probably why I haven' done many large ones...LOL.

mamatobugboo 07-28-2008 07:14 AM

i am currently working on 4 projects - 2 crib size quilts for twins, my dad's Navy quilt and 2 tote bags for a silent auction. That doesn't include the following UFOs: king size civil war sampler started 4 years ago, a dresden plate wallhanging/runner started 3 1/2 years ago, prairie braid floor pillow started about 4 years ago, a prairie braid luggage rack started in April, a quilting tool holder started i don't know when, and I think that is it for actual projects started but not completed!

I do have a total of 18 projects with fabric and patterns lined up on my shelf to start and put aside, occasionally finishing a few while I amass MORE projects to start and then put aside!

Quilt4u 07-28-2008 07:24 AM

I have 10 going on but two have have my attention right now.

KellyPA 07-28-2008 07:32 AM

My trouble is I keep seeing new patterns I want to start. I have been pretty good about finishing one before starting another, but it is getting hard!!!! I have so many ideas whirling around my head right now!!!

This year we have decided to do a homemade Christmas....everything we give has to be home-made! This includes our children ages 12 (will be 13 in October) and 8 years old. We talked about this last night at dinner. We are all really excited and my younger DD has already drawn up plans for all her projects. Most of my gifts will be cross stitched, since I already purchased the patterns to make those gifts, but I have a few quilt ideas (especially for my DDs) that I would love to give for the holidays!

Hugs!!!!

zyxquilts 07-28-2008 09:53 AM

I have approximately a gazillion UFOs. That's my story & I'm sticking to it!

beachlady 07-28-2008 09:57 AM

Me too.

CissyQuilts 07-28-2008 10:19 AM

I normally have 3-4 projects going at one time. They are in various stages. I have lots of PIGS too. PIGS=projects in grocery sacks. Then there are the projects in my mind. :mrgreen: