Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many of your husbands join in on your hobbies? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-your-husbands-join-your-hobbies-t220795.html)

mimmy96 05-05-2013 02:20 PM

How many of your husbands join in on your hobbies?

I have lots of hobbies.... Scrap booking, sewing, learning to quilt, knit and crochet and the list goes on.......... I was surprised one day when. I seen my husband pick up a cross stitch quilt top and start working on it... He don't put it down! ...do any of you have husbands/spouses that share in with you in being crafty?

i was really surprised when I seen this.. He is normally busy with wood working projects or out in the garage working.... It was nice to see him do something "different" and be inside for a Change!

alikat110 05-05-2013 02:23 PM

My husband watches from afar and offers words of praise when appropriate. I prefer him to have his own persuits.

mimmy96 05-05-2013 02:25 PM

Oh he don't touch MY projects..... No way.. It is all his own!! Lol

mike'sgirl 05-05-2013 02:32 PM

My sweet guy offers his opinion on my quilts, whether it be, "does it look right this way or that", or if I am unsure on a fabric choice. He has good taste. He also takes me to the Jacksonville Quiltfest and we walk around and talk about the quilts. He enables me to buy fabric and go to quilt stores, even if I don't "need" anything. But he doesn't quilt.
He does know when to leave me alone, I mess up when I'm cutting if someone talks to me.
He used to cross-stitch during his previous marriage, but it was more to try and have more in common with his wife and connect with her, than a true interest.

DogHouseMom 05-05-2013 02:33 PM

My husband shares my enthusiasm for cleaning/repairing the vintage machines - and has been known to buy them himself. We both share a gardening hobby/passion and spent the last two days getting the greenhouse ready, tilling the new vegetable garden, and working in some of the flower gardens. He does not share in my quilting hobby and so far I don't share in his model train hobby (although when he gets to the design stage he wants me to do some of the detail painting because I can).

I love it that we have "my" and "our" hobbies. I think it's important that we both have some "me" time and some "us" time.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-05-2013 02:38 PM

My husband does all the math I can't figure out. Angles tend to make me crazy so I tell him how the pieces need to fit together and he does some mathematical mumbo jumbo and tells me what to cut. If anything needs cut in small increments than 1/4 inch, he cuts them for me.

mimmy96 05-05-2013 02:41 PM

I must say he never steps foot into my craft studio or anything like that! ... He just sits in his recliner sometimes and cross stitches.. now he does not "finish" any project.. once it's cross stitched, it will sit unless I do something with it. .. I guess he just likes to do stitching! This is something that just started... and I like it! Oh course he has a lot of hobbies he does himself.. and I have my own.. but I think this is neat for a change!!! :)

barny 05-05-2013 02:44 PM

My husband's hobby is work. He loves it. He's a work-a-holic. Me? I'm on this machine-a-holic. But, I'm also busy with other things.

nygal 05-05-2013 02:49 PM

I truly have a wonderful husband. We've been very happily married for over 36 yrs. He supports all of the crafts I've been doing over the years but he has never shown an interest in doing any of the crafts I do. It works for me!

charsuewilson 05-05-2013 02:51 PM

My DH picked up woodworking and needlework (crewel embroidery). He hasn't finished the first embroidery project, though. It's a bunch of cats fishing. It sits next to his chair in front of the TV.