Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Much Do You Spend on Fabric? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-do-you-spend-fabric-t89177.html)

deedum 01-10-2011 04:29 AM

I spent quite a bit collecting last year. Now I am cooling it unless I see a great deal! I need to take time and organize now that I collected. A person can get overwhelmed if your not careful and spend alot quickly!

Shelbie 01-10-2011 04:33 AM

Buying fabric every month just because you can is probably not the wisest way to spend your fabric dollars and build your stash. I have collected fabric since I was nine and my fabric tastes have changed over the years. When I first started quilting seriously, I bought too many focus fabrics (bright cute prints) and not nearly enough blenders, tone on tones and background fabrics. The only upside of those earlier purchases is that they were bought mostly at a tent sale clearance annual sale and were less than $2 a yard. I am slowly clearing them out stitching Community Quilts for my guild and making many crib/toddler quilts for local babies and family members. I now only buy what I need or those quieter blender fabrics if there is a wonderful sale.

denilynne 01-10-2011 04:34 AM

Sometimes wayyyy to much lol

cjomomma 01-10-2011 04:38 AM

I spend about $10.00 a month right now. You will find if you buy a little here and there it will add up quickly.

knlsmith 01-10-2011 04:40 AM

Ha ha ha ho ho ho he he he!! ROFL! I spend way too much. But I don't spend more than I can. We are a credit card free family so that definitely helps:). I go to LQS average of 2 times a month and spend from 50 to 100Ish each time. This time of year I slow down to save money for Paducah. You'll find that ur stash will build on its own with each project you do.

pocoellie 01-10-2011 04:51 AM

I don't spend much on fabric nowadays, 1-I have plenty of fabric, of course I would love to have more but really can't justify more, so I just buy if I actually NEED for a project or if it's too good a deal to pass up.

KathyAire 01-10-2011 04:51 AM

I don't want to know. And, I especially don't want my man to know..............

raptureready 01-10-2011 04:58 AM

2 yes, believe it or not that's all I spend---too much that is. I'm going to Paducah also but I'm hopefully not going to purchase fabric. For the past two years I've hit all the shops and not been able to go through the convention center so this year I'm going to hit all the "gadget booths". However, I'm going to Marshall Dry Goods in June so. . . . .

SuziC 01-10-2011 06:11 AM

WAY TOO MUCH!!!!! My stash is crowding me out of my sewing room :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shari1967 01-10-2011 06:15 AM

I'm working on UFO's this year - or at least that's the plan. Right now I have enough fabric for all my projects. We're trying to cut back in all our spending areas and have been for the last few months (although that was hard with Christmas)