Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much fabric do you have in your stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-fabric-do-you-have-your-stash-t41934.html)

craftybear 04-06-2010 10:55 PM

How much fabric do you have in your stash?

Do you have it all organized by colors, sizes etc.

Do you save your scraps?

craftybear 04-06-2010 10:57 PM

I don't have very much fabric right now but trying to build up my stash.

I have been blessed with friends giving me some scraps. I am making paper pieced scrappy quilt. Also practicing on making blocks!

My husband has been unemployed since July 2009 so things have been rough for us. He just got a job so will be nice to have $ and Health Insurance again.

Arizona Sunrises 04-06-2010 11:04 PM

I'm not quite sure how many total yards of fabric I have. I moved in September, and it's still in boxes. I know I have at least 150 yards. It's not sorted by color, but I do have the holiday stuff together and the batiks together. Also, if I had a quilt planned, those fabrics are bagged together with the pattern.

craftybear 04-06-2010 11:12 PM

Wow, you have lots of fabric!

Originally Posted by Arizona Sunrises
I'm not quite sure how many total yards of fabric I have. I moved in September, and it's still in boxes. I know I have at least 150 yards. It's not sorted by color, but I do have the holiday stuff together and the batiks together. Also, if I had a quilt planned, those fabrics are bagged together with the pattern.

zz-pd 04-06-2010 11:13 PM

Oh Karen, I am so glad hubby got a job, as for my stach I think I am close to have enough to make a queen size quilt, and that is because the wonderful ladies on the board have sent me some so I could learn to quilt. I hope all goes well. Penny

mcdaniel023 04-07-2010 02:13 AM

According to my husband.....to d@#%^ much. Let's just say I know I could make several quilts (king size probably) if I just had batting. LOL.

Rainy Day 04-07-2010 02:23 AM

Just enough to annoy my husband and make me happy!

lfw045 04-07-2010 03:21 AM

Let's see......6 totes and 3 of those plastic drawers on wheels full......lol!

ckcowl 04-07-2010 03:31 AM

TONS!!! organized? I try...have shelves, drawers, closets, totes...yes, I save scraps, I also share 100's of pounds of scraps...i keep a basket and 2 boxes under my cutting table, (right next to a trash bag) when i am cutting strips less than 1" wide go into the basket (for me to use for wrapped-clothesline projects, or rug hooking) one box i toss scraps into that i think are big enough or fabric that i will put to use for applique, the other one i toss in the stuff i think whom ever i am sharing with this time will like receiving. and anything too fray'd or too small actually goes into the trash bag.

isnthatodd 04-07-2010 03:35 AM

Too much to figure out (because it's in 3 different rooms), it's very loosely organized (and I emphasize loosely), and I have a hard time throwing away any but the tiniest scraps. I hear about putting the scraps in a pillow case and making beds for the animal shelter, so pretty much save everything. I finally saw a selvege quilt, so now I might have to start saving them, too.