Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much would you charge for an applique quilt like this in queen size? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-would-you-charge-applique-quilt-like-queen-size-t105793.html)

Eddie 03-07-2011 02:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a customer that I made 3 quilts for them to give as Christmas gifts back in December. Two of them were simple patterned lap size quilts, and the other was a full size rag quilt. She wants me to make them one for their guest room now that will be queen size and like the pics shown below. The quilt shown below is a lap size one that I did and she wants basically one exactly like it, except in queen size (92 x 98) . The leaves are all fused on and machine appliqued using a blanket stitch, and it's all done in batiks. I quilted it on my longarm as the quilting shown. I don't believe money would be an object, but I really have no idea how much to charge for something like this - it is labor intensive because of all the appliqued leaves, but I don't really know what would be reasonable and fair to charge for something like this.

What do you think?

Edit to add: She also wants two matching queen pillow shams made to go with it, same design on them as well.

Grama Lehr 03-07-2011 02:07 PM

What an awesome quilt!! I don't have a clue, looks like a lot of work!

ritamaew 03-07-2011 02:10 PM

cost of materials times 4.

just my thoughts

Rita

at leasat $1200

magpie 03-07-2011 02:10 PM

Do comparison checking on ebay or there are a lot on etsy too.

Rebecca VLQ 03-07-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by ritamaew
cost of materials times 4.

just my thoughts

Rita

at leasat $1200

Yup. I don't think that's out of range.

How long would you say it takes you to sew around one leaf? Or, say 5 leaves? How many leaves would "look right" on a queen?

Long-arming, I'd charge standard rates if you do that...

suezquilts 03-07-2011 02:17 PM

$500-$600
In our area, hand made quilts go for around $500 queen size.

I love the quilt. It is so hard for me to market and sell quilts here, especailly now.

You do wonderful work. I admire the details you put into the leaves. Keep up the good work.

Jim's Gem 03-07-2011 02:19 PM

A lot!!!
It's gorgeous!!!

Ginger2010 03-07-2011 02:22 PM

Wow! That is very, very beautiful! Such alot of work! Charge enough for all your time and care that you put in it!

thequiltmama 03-07-2011 02:24 PM

I agree, only because in my area people just don't understand how much it is really worth. But if you can get more then I would say more. :)

Originally Posted by suezquilts
$500-$600
In our area, hand made quilts go for around $500 queen size.

I love the quilt. It is so hard for me to market and sell quilts here, especailly now.

You do wonderful work. I admire the details you put into the leaves. Keep up the good work.

thequiltmama 03-07-2011 02:25 PM

oh, I forgot to say.....GORGEOUS QUILT :)