Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hubby Spots Vintage on TV (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hubby-spots-vintage-tv-t110525.html)

Aunt Doggie 03-25-2011 05:41 AM

Well, just when you think your hubby doesn't care about your interests, he goes and surprises you!

This morning I wake up and find a DVR episode of Andy Griffin...As I never record that, I couldn't figure out how it got on my "list"... Found out hubby had recorded it for me late last night as "there is something you will want to see".
Turns out Aunt Bea was making clothes for a show and there was fabric and clothes and (drum roll...) a Featherweight on the table! My husband was proud and happy with himself as I joyfully replayed the episode part with the machine in it... Turns out it wasn't a Featherweight, but just the thought that my hubby had recorded it for me to watch just touched the Begee Bees out of me!!!!!!!!!!

They can surprise you, from time to time, can't they!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

erstan947 03-25-2011 05:57 AM

Yep! My husband asked a quilt related question this morning. That is just not normal!:)

lynnsim 03-25-2011 06:04 AM

That was sweet of him. Just this last Wedneday, my DH was watching one of his farm shows. Eleanor Burns came on; he yelled at me to come watch. He even watched with me.

CarrieAnne 03-25-2011 06:07 AM

Aw, neat. I remember once my BF watched sewing with Nancy, and proudly told me what a "jelly roll"was!

DeniseP 03-25-2011 06:18 AM

That comes from years of training. They don't come out of a box like that, you know!

Aunt Doggie 03-25-2011 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
Yep! My husband asked a quilt related question this morning. That is just not normal!:)

Maybe it is the Radiation from Japan coming over and changing our husbands?????????????

:-D :-D

redturtle 03-25-2011 06:22 AM

o how wonderful...definitely a keeper...no doghouse for him today lol

MaryStoaks 03-25-2011 06:25 AM

This even spreads to family friends ( A single father with his college age son) told me how they went to the county fair and spent time looking at the the wonderful quilts "Just like the ones you make". Now I have never made a quilt worthy of display in the fair but it's nice to know they think so. I think we quilters and our work are getting more attention/appreciation from the non-quilting folks.

Fiber Artist 03-25-2011 06:28 AM

I love it.
One day I was walking up the stairs and over heard my Hubby talking to one of his friends.He was explaining why he was bringing me "that big of a desk"He said" It needs to be big enough for her embroidery machine,her serger and other sewing machines.Plus room to work."It made me happy that he listens to me.
Gotta Love them.
:-) :-) :thumbup: :thumbup:

featherweight 03-25-2011 06:32 AM

I love it. Actually my husband was the one that spotted my first Featherweight in the Goodwill store. I had never even seen one before that day. Now I have 5 of them...