Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I almost hesitate to ask.... (Dear Jane) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-almost-hesitate-ask-dear-jane-t148360.html)

Kristin in ME 08-27-2011 04:18 PM

...because I'm pretty sure I'd be getting in right over my head!

I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there that is toying with the idea of starting a Dear Jane?

I'm not ready to jump in quite yet but I was thinking about making a commitment later this fall. Was wondering if there is anyone else that would like to connect and try to keep each other accountable? I'm not looking to plow right through it, was thinking maybe a block a week or something, which I guess puts me on a 4+ year plan... :shock:

Anyway, just let me know if there's any interest, please! :)

LisaGibbs 08-27-2011 04:21 PM

I am and I have the book and rulers and looking for a gently used CD Program right now. I haven't decided on the exact color scheme I want to use because everytime I think I have one someone else mentions another and has left me with great thought. No matter what, I plan on starting in January with mine.

Fabaddict 08-27-2011 04:21 PM

there is a dear jane site that does have the bow on it. I did mine like that - made it much easier for me. Kept it up after I did the quilt and made placemats ant table runner.

raedar63 08-27-2011 04:21 PM

Yes, I have the book but not the CD, I really think the CD would make it easier . I wish I would have bought the Farmers wife instead but didn't see it in time Before I bought dear Jane

bearisgray 08-27-2011 06:02 PM

I don't have the Computer Version - my old Mac isn't compatible with that program -

The book has NO how-to directions - and some of the blocks are definitely "in the manner of" - and not exact duplicates of the way Miss Jane made them.

The individual blocks are pictured teeny-tiny in the book. The author had a lot of room to have put in larger pictures - I wish she would have put in bigger photos of each block.

QuiltMania 08-27-2011 06:13 PM

I'm slowly working on hand piecing one. I only have a few blocks done as of now.

Rebecca VLQ 08-27-2011 06:31 PM

I've been thinking about my Jane.

So far, I have the book.

And...I have the idea to use fabrics with teeny tiny prints. No color scheme in mind.

BUT you did just help me justify buying some Kona Cotton! :lol:

doll-lady 08-27-2011 06:32 PM

i have the book and rulers and i'm thinking of starting soon.

thomp116 08-27-2011 07:25 PM

OK, help me out here. Are you saying there are no directions in the book? And are there special rulers?

connie_1936 08-27-2011 09:27 PM

the book has the individual blocks for copying. to learn how to cut and sew each block go to the web site that quilt. there are instructions for each blocks construction. i can't imagine what kind of rulers other than regular rulers would be required. i'm working on DJ now and as i said don't know what special rulers you would need. you can also go to quilted rascal site by the same gal