Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am free! All scraps are gone! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-free-all-scraps-gone-t106344.html)

CompulsiveQuilter 03-09-2011 01:20 PM

I am free! All my scraps are gone! I packed up 3 LARGE priority-rate boxes for QB members. To get that many, I went through 3 liquor boxes and a half-full zip up comforter bag, cutting everything into 3x5 bricks and squares to make (several) flying geese quilts. Everything unwanted and smaller than that was given away. Small! But there were tons of people who wanted them. It takes a long time for a scrap quilter to have enough scraps to give away, but I feel so clean and happy now.

thequiltmama 03-09-2011 01:21 PM

:)

Grama Lehr 03-09-2011 01:21 PM

TREMENDOUS JOB!!

KathyAire 03-09-2011 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
I am free! All my scraps are gone! I packed up 3 LARGE priority-rate boxes for QB members. To get that many, I went through 3 liquor boxes and a half-full zip up comforter bag, cutting everything into 3x5 bricks and squares to make (several) flying geese quilts. Everything unwanted and smaller than that was given away. Small! But there were tons of people who wanted them. It takes a long time for a scrap quilter to have enough scraps to give away, but I feel so clean and happy now.

It would take three boxes of liquor for me to get through all of that................. :) :)

CarrieAnne 03-09-2011 01:35 PM

That was SO nice of you!

pennijanine 03-09-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire

It would take three boxes of liquor for me to get through all of that................. :) :)

LOL You are so funny!! But I would have to agree with you!!

CoriAmD 03-09-2011 03:30 PM

Lol, I was thinking the same thing about 3 boxes of liquor.... LOL :)

milp04 03-09-2011 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine

Ditto!

I wouldn't have made it through the first box of liquor much less getting anything sorted and ready to send out. It was wonderful of you to go through your scrappy fabric and send it to others.

Pam M

luvstitches 03-09-2011 03:33 PM

Sometimes I wish I had NO fabric at all. I love to go to fabric stores and buy the latest with a pattern in hand and then go home and make it. If there are any problems, the quilt shops would still be able to get more fabric in or still have it on their shelves. I also wouldn't have a huge storage closet in one of my bedrooms. Maybe I should do what you have done. Thanks for the inspiration.

wolph33 03-09-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine

lol ditto