Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am going to Shipshewana, too. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-going-shipshewana-too-t181404.html)

mcdaniel023 03-02-2012 01:09 PM

I am going to Shipshewana, too.

I made my reservation to see Ricky Tims lecture about his machine quilting tips. I cannot wait. I love the quilt show and shop hop. Shipshewana here I come.

DonnaR 03-02-2012 01:49 PM

I live in central Indiana. I have never been to that quilt show before. Is it nice? I just went to the Bloomington Quilt show yesterday. A little disappointed. Not as many quilts or vendors as usual. I am looking forward to the Cincinnati show.

sweetana3 03-02-2012 02:00 PM

Ah, not so many but some really innovative techniques and the prize winners were spectacular.

sassey 03-02-2012 02:03 PM

Lucky you have a really fun time

indymta 03-02-2012 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaR (Post 5025539)
I live in central Indiana. I have never been to that quilt show before. Is it nice? I just went to the Bloomington Quilt show yesterday. A little disappointed. Not as many quilts or vendors as usual. I am looking forward to the Cincinnati show.

Saw that you went to the Bloomington Quilt show...thought it was me but I agree, not as many quilts as in the past. Most of the vendors were the same ones that always go but I did notice a few of them missing as well. Would love to go to the Shipshewana show but it's difficult to get several days off in a row. Happened to have Thursday off so took a drive to Bloomington.

Pam B 03-02-2012 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaR (Post 5025539)

I have been to the Shipshewana show...it was alot of fun. Not going this year as we are spending that week in Gatlinburg with relatives from CO. Can you give me any info about the Cincy show you mentioned? DD and SIL live just north of Cincy now...it might be a fun thing for us to do when we go visit them.

Buckeye Rose 03-02-2012 04:35 PM

ohhhh....details please on the Shipshewana show....I live just south of Ft. Wayne....I wanna go

joyce888 03-02-2012 04:51 PM

Hope you enjoy it. Be sure to let us know what you think.

gramajo 03-02-2012 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose (Post 5025966)
ohhhh....details please on the Shipshewana show....I live just south of Ft. Wayne....I wanna go

Check out www.shipshewanaquiltfest.com DD & I went for 1 day last year. We left early am, 2 hr. drive, saw all the quilts, shopped the vendors, saw the quilts at the auto museum, hit a couple of the shops on our way out of town. It was a tiring, but enjoyable day. We're spending the night this year; we'll see Ricky Tims in concert Wed. pm, attend his lecture Thur. am, then hit the show, vendors, etc. I can't wait. :D

Handcraftsbyjen 03-02-2012 07:29 PM

Make sure you go to Lolly's while you are there and be sure to go downstairs while you are there for not only the sale fabric but also the cuddle fabric room!