Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am interested in the Twister tool. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-interested-twister-tool-t171545.html)

paulettepoe 12-09-2011 08:32 PM

I am interested in the Twister tool.

I love the look of the twister quilts. But it looks like to me, that there are lots of waste with the block. Can someone tell me how they feel about this tool and block.

dublb 12-09-2011 09:23 PM

I bought the one for the 10" square & the one for the 5" square. I've only been able to make some practice pieces, 'cause I've got so many WIPS. There is some waste but if you cut carefully the extra piece can be used to make the smaller twister block. For instance the Twister for the 10" block has an almost 5 " block left. I did one block with the large tool, then took the waste & added other fabric to make a 4 block piece with the other tool. Clear as mud? It does look like I will have to be careful sewing 'em in order. The directions do say to only cut one row out at a time. I think that when I make this quilt it will be neat. I hope this helps.

pippi65 12-09-2011 10:41 PM

I have the 5" one and yes there is waste and you really need to cut carefully. But the outcome is so cool. I whipped up 2 of these in an afternoon. Gifted one and gonna send the other one on it's way for Christmas too.

AKDaffyodil 12-09-2011 11:03 PM

I have the 4 inch tool. I like it. It does produce some waste, but most of it is large enough to use for something else.

Quiltaddict 12-09-2011 11:45 PM

I have only used the small twister so far and there was quite a bit of waste, but I was just using my scraps and I have so many of them that I really didn't care.

Earleen 12-10-2011 07:21 AM

Using waste from twister tool.

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I did with the waste from the wall hanging' Made this smaller one had to make own template

Earleen 12-10-2011 07:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am hooked here is a table topper .

gramarraine 12-10-2011 07:37 AM

I made a quilt using the large template and a layer cake and yes there is quite a bit of waste. I then cut the waste pieces to the largest size I could which turned out to be 4 1/2 inch and sewed then back together. The smaller size templete is a little bit too big for these blocks so I went to the glass shop and had them cut me a template 3 inch square. This size will fit my blocks perfect. I am planning to use these blocks for a border around the quilt I made with the larger blocks.

ppquilter 12-10-2011 07:51 AM

THAT is not waste, it is a reason to BUY more fabric! I save the small pieces for my paperpiecing small quilts.

adnil458 12-10-2011 09:39 AM

Love the itty bitty tool

2 Attachment(s)
It is one inch size. See attached WIP wreaths for SILs. Also have friend's little twister tool but too many WIPs...

The scrappy one was at LQS...the reason I bought tool...now I NEED all sizes...