Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am a quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-quilter-t114948.html)

feffertim 04-10-2011 06:04 AM

I am moving out of state next week so went to Dominoes to get some pizza boxes for my UFO blocks. I explained to the cashier that I was a quilter, and it made me feel so proud that I got say that. I didn't even know how to sew two years ago, I've come a long way baby. I packed my machine two weeks ago and am having severe withdrawal. DOn't know if this site helps or makes it worse. LOL

JenniePenny 04-10-2011 06:07 AM

You are a quilter and you deserve all the praise and pride for saying it. Good luck on your move. I hope you get to sew again real soon.

erstan947 04-10-2011 06:09 AM

You are most certainly a QUILTER! Just know that soon you will be able to get back to your fabrics. Hope your move will be smooth and uneventful:)

qltncat 04-10-2011 06:16 AM

Congratulations on being a Quilter. It does feel good!

Suggestion: The first day you feel a little overwhelmed with the move, take a break and get to a Guild meeting in your new town. If no Guild is available, enroll in a class. If no class is available, stand on a street corner with a sign, "Help! Quilter In Need!", and lot's of quilters will stop and take good care of you.

Linda

littlehud 04-10-2011 06:39 AM

It feels wonderful to be a quilter. I hope the move goes well and you are back to quilting very soon.

Cherylsea 04-10-2011 06:44 AM

Best wishes on your move. Hopefully you will be sewing and showing again really soon.

soccertxi 04-10-2011 06:45 AM

nice to meet you Quilter! You are lucky that pizza places by you will let you have pizza boxes. I cannot get anyplace by me to even SELL them to me. Funny that in this time, I cannot even buy them. I have resorted to plastic scrapbooking boxes I find at Michaels on sale from time to time. So, Whats IN the pizza boxes! Tell tell!

feffertim 04-10-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by soccertxi
nice to meet you Quilter! You are lucky that pizza places by you will let you have pizza boxes. I cannot get anyplace by me to even SELL them to me. Funny that in this time, I cannot even buy them. I have resorted to plastic scrapbooking boxes I find at Michaels on sale from time to time. So, Whats IN the pizza boxes! Tell tell!

Dominoes sold me two large boxes for $1.00 A bargain I think. They are full of squares for three UFO's, a cathedral quilt, a cats in my garden quilt and a F & P asian looking quilt.

QuiltE 04-10-2011 07:16 AM

I too like the pizza boxes for WIP. I bring them home and put contact plastic on them, to make them all pretty! Have an assortment of sizes, to fit the projects!

Makes it nicer when I'm taking the pieces to LQS or for a Show and Tell!

Add an extra long shoe lace threaded thru the box top and bottom and you have a nice way to tie the boxes shut safely. PLus you can slide your squares in under the thread to hold them in place.

emerald46 04-10-2011 08:22 AM

Have an easy move. Just think of all that pretty fabric waiting for you to get busy with again!