Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am so excited!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-so-excited-t7868.html)

Granny Cat 06-06-2008 07:49 AM

I'm enrolling today for a paper piecing class thats next Monday...after all the chatter on the board about paper piecing I just could'nt grasp the concept at all even after watching online at allquilts so I checked to see if the quilt shop offers one and they do...I love the look of the perfect points and all so this should be alot of fun to learn...

sondray 06-06-2008 08:32 AM

Enjoy your class, I want to learn paper piecing, but nowhere here in VA to take a class.

Let us know how it goes! :lol: :lol:

mgshaw 06-06-2008 08:44 AM

Have fun!!!!! And show everything you learn!

Up North 06-06-2008 08:44 AM

Lucky You, There are no classes near me!

user3587 06-06-2008 08:49 AM

I think you will like it. I love it. I haven't done any really challenging pieces yet but I will when I start my Crown of Thorns quilt. I have heard some quilters say paper piecing is cheating, If so than just calle me "cheater". Carol Doak has a number of paper piecing books and they come with a CD. All the patterns are downloaded to your computer. You just click the one you want, what size square you want, how many and print. One lady told me she goes to the local newspaper office and buys (or they donate, not sure) the left over paper they use to print the news on. This would be the end rolls that aren't big enough to print any news on. She cuts to fit her printer and then prints her pattern. I buy mine. My hours of work don't orrelate with the newspaper office.
Good luck again I think you will like it.

Missi 06-06-2008 09:19 AM

I am so jealous :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quilting Aggi 06-06-2008 09:21 AM

Paper piecing is so much fun!!! You will really enjoy your class I'm sure!!!

Granny Cat 06-06-2008 11:05 AM

I was so disapppointed when I went to sign up this morning...the gal that owns the quilt shop is so grouchy and unhelpful I remeber now why I don't take more classes...this is my first time to paper piece and you all are so encouraging to me that I guess I expected her to be as helpful and instead she just handed me a supply list and said just bring in any pattern you want to work on so I asked a few questions that she just abrupty answered and never offered anything else to the conversation even after I told her I was brand new to this she just kind of smiled at me like a courtesey smile where you know the person your talking to is not that helpful or could careless....well I paid for the class the instrutor is a different woman and I hope to learn from others in the class as well...I was all jazzed up now I am a little aprehensive...

Up North 06-06-2008 11:11 AM

Keep your Chin up. Hopefully the instructor will be much more personable and helpful.

Granny Cat 06-06-2008 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
Keep your Chin up. Hopefully the instructor will be much more personable and helpful.

I took a quilting 101 a few years back and had this same experince and that was why I never went back for more classes but I am wanting to learn this technic and I'll learn from other women in the class as well....I summed her up as a "quilt snob"...haha...looking down on us beginers...