Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I was bad (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-bad-t8446.html)

collettakay 06-24-2008 02:04 PM

Went shopping on thousandsofbolts.com. That's all I need to say.... I even told my husband about it. Silly me.

So, my question is, what is the most you have spent on one shopping trip/spree and did you try to hide the receipts (lol)?

fabricluvr 06-24-2008 02:38 PM

:lol: :lol:

i don't hide receipts. i just kiss him a lot to make up for it!

so . . . how much did you spend?

mgshaw 06-24-2008 03:52 PM

I think the most I ever spent in one stop was about $128. But I am sure there has been sprees that totaled more. I have never hidden the receipt, but maybe "forgot" to mention it before! :wink: DH never says much about what I spend,(Thank Goodness), He went to a shop with me before to buy fabric for a baby quilt for one of his co-workers and it totaled over $80, so he knows what it costs!

So how much did you spend?

jbsstrawberry 06-24-2008 03:55 PM

I always tell JB when he comes through the door from work..."I bought fabric today and it cost..." at which point he says "It's ok baby, I don't care what you spent, you like doing fabric stuff." Did I mention how much I love JB :lol:

purplemem 06-24-2008 04:00 PM

My hubbie is the same way. He'll ask "Have we paid the utilities and house note?" Then he'll say, I don't care what you spend. You enjoy it.
I spent $107 with my grandnieces today trying to give them the "quilting bug." We are making rag quilts together, putting together 12" squares, 5x5. They sure were excited today when I left them. They are hoping to have 6 sandwiches sewn together by tomorrow. We are hand sewing because that's what I do.

You weren't BAD, exactly...just overstimulated to buy.
We want to see pictures...

ddrobins1956 06-24-2008 04:45 PM

My husband has no idea what I spend on my hobbies. I never mention what I have spent in the past month or year and he never asks. Then again, I don't have a clue what he spends on his golf, football lotteries, camping with the guys, etc. Works for us.

justme 06-24-2008 05:07 PM

And the total $$$$$ is???????? lol
Drum roll please.

Marcia 06-24-2008 05:17 PM

I guess I am really bad. I have been to a quilt show where I spent over $300 in one day-and that was just fabric, patterns, books etc at the show. I was also spending the night in a hotel, eating out, paying for gas to get there and back, etc. My DH does not care how much I spend and he never asks. I am just really lucky, I guess :lol:

b.zang 06-24-2008 06:23 PM

My husband gave me $400 in gift certificates to a fabric shop for Christmas. I spent about half of it at the post-Christmas sale then looked at the enormous pile of fabric and thought uh-oh, that's going to fill up my stash box. So I bought another box. And have been dribbling away the rest of the certificates adding highlights to what I splurged on. Shopping for fabric is just plain FUN.

Kyiav10 06-24-2008 07:40 PM

Almost a year ago when I started quilting I spent almost $200.00 buying a lot of supplies and a couple yard of fabric. Then I spent $116.00 on my hand quilt frame just after Christmas.

Kyia