Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I call it my "WhileWaiting" quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-call-my-%22whilewaiting%22-quilt-t71880.html)

Jan in VA 10-23-2010 03:32 PM

I’m working on piecing these blocks while I wait for the pot to boil, or the text msg.to come back, or the computer to boot up, or the page to load, or the washer to finish, or the commercial to end, or the TV program to start, or the oven timer to go off………as I was earlier tonight.

Well, my multi-taking has allowed me to sew 10 blocks with a basting stitch, mutter, grumphff. Who set THAT on my machine?

When the TV show comes on I’ll now be reverse sewing. Sigh.

Jan in VA

amma 10-23-2010 03:35 PM

Oh No! :(
Last night my stitch length got moved too, couldn't figure out why it was difficult to sew while PP, the length was at 1.3 :roll: no wonder :lol: I am just happy I didn't have to rip THAT out :D:D:D

mrspete 10-23-2010 03:48 PM

I have a disgusting habit of doing things while watching tv, or eating while tv on with puzzlebook, too. But the most difficult thing is this, I can't sew doing anything else because it is in my dining room isolated from everything else. So, when I sew, I can't do anything else. I listen to my gospel music on my little boom box and praise HIM because I have so much more than I ever thought I would have. When I stop on a project, she is waiting for me when I get back. Cool Beans! huh? That part is the nicest blessing.

Ruth

bjnicholson 10-23-2010 03:52 PM

Reverse sewing!? I like that...not that I "like" to do it! Just like saying it because it sounds so much better than rip, rip, rip, rip...

Unique Creations 10-23-2010 03:59 PM

I always say that I am "unsewing" not ripping out or reverse sewing.

cabbagepatchkid 10-23-2010 04:23 PM

Do you have to 'reverse sew' the seams or would you be able to just sew over them with a regular length stitch?

Either way, it's great to get stuff done in the little bits of time that we have while waiting. Years ago I used to do cross stitch, that way, and you'd be surprised how quickly those stitches would add up and before you know it....it's done!! How about some pictures of your progress?

wolfkitty 10-23-2010 04:27 PM

I crochet while watching TV, and I can't count the times I have had to un-stitch because I missed a stitch or added one too many.

EasyPeezy 10-23-2010 05:09 PM

That basting stitch can be so annoying. Just when you think you're done.
I've done it twice recently...happens specially after the thread breaks.
I move the tension to "0" for easy rethreading and then forget to move it
back.

np3 10-23-2010 06:39 PM

Funny, I can't sew without the TV on.

tjradj 10-23-2010 06:56 PM

I don't unsew, I frog stitch. "Rip it, Rip it..."
I sew on the dining room table too. Recently we moved the Wii back to the main floor because my son was "living" in the basement. Since my LR and DR are open concept, now I can talk with him or at least supervise him while I sew. He's 10.
After a long afternoon of "Mom, watch this..", each time causing me to stop and turn around, lightening struck.
I moved the machine to the other side of the table!!
Now I can just look up and go "Ooh, aah," without missing a stitch. <3