Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I could use some help here. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-could-use-some-help-here-t141726.html)

ploverwi2 07-31-2011 05:29 PM

I have a Janome 6600P, and I have the dual feed foot. I also have what I thought is a stitch in the ditch foot. It looks just like the dual feed foot, but it has the piece of metal under it that I think is supposed to ride on the seam. However, if I put it onto the seam, then the needle hits far away from the ditch. What am I not understanding? Does anyone else have a SITD foot?

PaperPrincess 07-31-2011 05:34 PM

I have to adjust my needle position a bit. Is the needle hole in the foot large enough that you can move your needle position to the side? Also, when you SID, the stitch is supposed to go just to the side of the seam, not right in it.

Phannie1 07-31-2011 05:38 PM

I maybe wrong but I thought that when you do stitch in the ditch, it should follow the stitches near but not in the stitching.

quiltingcandy 07-31-2011 06:15 PM

I had to buy the Stitch in the Ditch foot separate from the machine. Are you using the 1/4 inch seam foot that comes with the machine? There are 2, 1.) that is the 1/4 in. foot and 2.) the 1/4 in. foot with the Straight Stitch Plate for AcuFeed.

Here is a video
www.janomespecials.com/mc11kse/video/ditch-quilting-ditch.html

tellabella 07-31-2011 06:18 PM

I have used it...you have to adjust your needle position to the right spot...until the needle lands right beside the seam...not in it...

nativetexan 07-31-2011 06:22 PM

I've got one of those but don't think I've ever used it.

ploverwi2 07-31-2011 06:42 PM

Yup, I know that. I am quite good at it, but now I wanted to use that funky foot to see if it was easier yet. I never thought of the needle position, but I don't think that will work. I will check it out though. Do you have one of those feet?

ploverwi2 07-31-2011 07:01 PM

Ok, I am going to reply to myself. So I can show all of you this foot. It is exactly what I have. It is just like the dual feed foot, but it has the bar on the right, like the regular 1/4" foot, the smaller one.

ploverwi2 07-31-2011 07:10 PM

I think I may be having a senior moment. I just looked at the foot. It looks just like the dual feed foot, but it has the 1/4" bar like my regular 1/4" sewing foot. Now I am totally confused. No wonder it doesn't work. I think it isn't a sitd afterall. They must have sold me the wrong foot, grrrr. I asked for the sitd foot. Thanks to all of you for trying to help me. I surely am confused for sure now. Mine does not have the bar under the middle of the foot.

MadQuilter 07-31-2011 07:15 PM

I think you got it figured out. The hole in the SID foot lines up with the guide in the foot. Sounds like you got the 1/4" foot. That is a good foot to have too. Just make sure it really gives you a perfect 1/4" seam. Mine doesn't.