Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I don't know what to do .... please help :-/ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-dont-know-what-do-please-help-t89152.html)

geckogirl 01-09-2011 08:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok so a while back I designed a quilt that would be in a labyrinth pattern. It was the first quilt that I attempted to do that was not just squares or triangles. Long story short ... instead of doing this in strips which would have been SOOOOO much easier, I attempted to do pieces and my pieces are all turning out weird ...

I have probably a little over half of the top pieced together but I am wondering ...

Would it be easier to undo all of these pieces and start over? I have extra fabric, so that would not really be an issue and I feel that several of these pieces can be salvaged and reused ...

I guess I just don't know what I should do :-/ I really want to finish this quilt (if not quilted then at least the top) to give to my younger sister as a thank you for throwing me a baby shower ....

I have a month :/

Star fabric I am using for the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157041[/ATTACH]

entire pattern (I got tired and did not finish filling it in with photoshop)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157042[/ATTACH]

example of how I was piecing ... not the easiest for me when I am sure stips would have been much better
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157043[/ATTACH]

gale 01-09-2011 08:55 PM

Strips would be a lot easier. Less seams and less bulk for quilting too.

smiles 01-09-2011 09:08 PM

Beautiful design & great colors. I would re-do & use strips, it will work up quicker in the long run

wolfkitty 01-09-2011 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by smiles
Beautiful design & great colors. I would re-do & use strips, it will work up quicker in the long run

I agree! On all counts!

cathyvv 01-09-2011 09:18 PM

I love the pattern and my daughter would say, "That fabric is sooo you, Mom!" and then roll her eyes. Love it!

Do you mind if I borrow the pattern? I have a fabric that I have been wondering what I would make of it. I think this would work very well!

3flowers 01-09-2011 09:25 PM

I agree that you should redo it. Going around corners is going to be a bearcat and you will end up with lumps. I will be a beautiful quilt. Please post a pic when you are done. I am sure we will all be cheering you on!

jemma 01-09-2011 09:36 PM

stay with it great design i think strips are the answer

geckogirl 01-09-2011 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv
I love the pattern and my daughter would say, "That fabric is sooo you, Mom!" and then roll her eyes. Love it!

Do you mind if I borrow the pattern? I have a fabric that I have been wondering what I would make of it. I think this would work very well!

I actually just finished transferring it to graph paper so I know that one square is actually two inches, finished top will be 66 inches wide and 72 inches long :) if you PM me your email address I can scan it at work tomorrow and send it to you :) I will even color it after I scan it :)

geckogirl 01-09-2011 09:42 PM

That you all very much!! Guess my seam ripper and project bag are going to work with me tomorrow :)

geckogirl 01-09-2011 09:59 PM

To give something more of a patchwork look, long strips (example: 4x26) should be cut into squares that are sewn together to give final length correct? I am trying to see if I should do all squares that are sewn into strips that are then sewn together or do longer strips to save time???