Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I got my new machine! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-got-my-new-machine-t7224.html)

moonhoney2 05-17-2008 11:25 AM

I got the Janome Heartbeat Truth. A little more than I expected to spend, but hopefully it will be worth it.

I didn't think I was going to get it at first as they didn't know what the price of ti was. :lol: The owner was at some convention and the workers didn't know the price. I guess they are a brand new dealer for the Janome's.

So the worker put in a call to the owner while I hopped over to Joann's to do some scrap shopping. When I got back, they had prices for the machines.

I'm so excited. I can't wait to try it out. I have to wait until the kids go to bed tho. Only 7 more hours to go! Gah! I don't think I can wait that long.....

Kyiav10 05-17-2008 11:31 AM

Congrats on your purchase. I hope you are very happy with it. I am :mrgreen: with envy. I am using a 70's or 80's singer that my mom got for me at a yard sale. It works well though, thank goodness b/c it will be a while before I can purchase a new one.

Kyia

Minda 05-17-2008 11:49 AM

Congratulations. It's probably going to be a looong 7 hours. :lol: :lol:

marlene 05-17-2008 11:53 AM

So glad you got your new machine !!!! When I got my new one a few months ago I felt just like you, only my kids are all married so I could hardly wait until hubby was gone to work lol. Congrads on you machine enjoy!!

amma 05-17-2008 03:07 PM

Congrats on your new machine, isn't it fun getting a new one :D :mrgreen: :D I will be looking in the picture section for all your new quilts :D

moonhoney2 05-17-2008 03:23 PM

Daddy took the boys to grandma's for a BBQ, so I was able to shake hands with it. I've got 50 stitches and that auto needle threader??? A miracle! I always HATED threading those stupid needles. Too cool!

I just can't find the 1/4in mark on it tho. I think that's a pretty important mark, no? :shock: The book doesn't mention it either. :?

part of the deal with this thing is the shop owner will teach me how to use it! I just have to call her next week to set up a time. That will be much needed! :lol:

Now I'm going to practice sewing pieces together. If I'm lucky, perhaps I can do a few pieces of the actual quilt! Woot!

Oh! Does anyone know if Janome takes plain old bobbins? Or do I have to buy their specific ones? I bought some bobbins from Joann's and would like to be able to use those. They seem to match up by holes and size. I don't want to wast my thread rolling a bobbin if it wont' work.

beachlady 05-17-2008 05:07 PM

Congrats on your new machine. Happy sewing.

Moonpi 05-17-2008 05:32 PM

Congrats! It's fun trying out all the new bells and whistles!

FancyFoot 05-19-2008 08:18 AM

Cool machine!!!
You'll probably want to get the 1/4 inch seam foot.
Happy sewing

mic-pa 05-19-2008 11:17 AM

I would not take a chance on putting just any generic bobbin in the machine. I would wait and ask the dealer what she recommends. I have three Janome's and love them. Bobbins are cheap so don't ruin a new machine until you talk with the dealer. I do know Singer bobbins will not work. Good luck and enjoy. Marge