Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a binding with glue method question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-binding-glue-method-question-t179975.html)

Cybrarian 02-19-2012 04:05 PM

I have a binding with glue method question

Sorry, I'm sure the answer I'm seeking is somewhere on this board but I can't find it. I am going to use the Sharon Schamber's glue method for binding. I have the Elmer's Washable School Glue-got it at Michael's- couldn't find a tip to use anywhere, and the employees had no ideas after we determined nothing in the cake decorating area worked. I understand she used to sell them on her website, but doens't anymore. Anyone have a suggestion as to where I can get the tip? I know you can use the glue sticks, but I am concerned I will get too wide a line of glue. The very narrow line that she is able to get with the tip seems the most desirable. Any help is greatly appreciated!:cool:

BluegrassGurl 02-19-2012 04:08 PM

I will be watching this thread.... as I have searched high and low for this tip!!!

Have went to many home improvement stores and hardware stores asking for a "metal tip to use with glue". I have searched many store aisles and many websites. Can not find it.:(

Cybrarian 02-19-2012 04:20 PM

The only suggestion I got from Michael's was to purchase a 3 small plastic bottle set with tiny tips in the Martha Stewart line. $10 for the set of 3. The glue is a $1.79, there has got to be a better solution!

kathleenq 02-19-2012 04:33 PM

I put some Elmer's glue on a paper plate and used a very small paint brush and brushed it on the edge then pulled my binding over the raw edge and ironed it. It stayed put, and I machine sewed the binding with ease. I afterwards washed the quilt. turned out great. Kathleenq

yngldy 02-19-2012 04:44 PM

You can buy #20 (?) needle and syringe at feed store and maybe thin down glue if too thick. That is what I was reminded of when I bought the Roxanne glue years ago. It looked like they had cut off the tip of a needle and put it on a glue bottle. (My animals needed injections years ago, think it was a #20 needle, really big!!)

almond 02-19-2012 04:45 PM

I had a friend get the tips for me and I believe she got them from Sharon's web site. The only thing is I don't really use them. I just use the Elmers glue top it comes with and just am careful not to squeeze too hard. I get along better this way then with the tips. It is very hard to squeeze with the tips on.

dublb 02-19-2012 04:52 PM

I bought a bottle of Roxanne's Glue at my LQS, & keep refilling it with Elmer's Glue.

lfw045 02-19-2012 04:56 PM

Go to your local Hobby shop and you will find the tips there for a reasonably small price!

EasyPeezy 02-19-2012 05:08 PM

I use a toothpick. Sometimes I don't even bother I just use the bottle tip.
Just open it to the minimum and run a thin line.

mcdaniel023 02-19-2012 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy (Post 4989777)
I use a toothpick. Sometimes I don't even bother I just use the bottle tip.
Just open it to the minimum and run a thin line.

That is what I do, too.