Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have seen everything now..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-seen-everything-now-t42474.html)

bitty39 04-12-2010 01:55 AM

I have been surfing through the favourite sites listed on here...and there is a quilt of a urinal based on one made by a guy who makes them flower shaped! Now I have seen it all! LOLOLOL
It is on www.thequiltshow.com in the gallery!

scrap_lover09 04-12-2010 02:17 AM

Ugh!! What a waste of a quilt! Why would someone do that. The flower part is pretty she should have left it at just that. I mean i guess we all have creative license to do what we want but I would not hang that in my house and have to explain what it is.

raptureready 04-12-2010 03:06 AM

uhhhhh, yeah, that's something I'd want in my house---NOT.
I agree with Scrap, what a waste of fabric and ability. I never knew there were urinals like that, learn something everyday I guess. I was amazed the first time I saw a "Mommy and Me" stall in a truck stop but that's a good practical idea. Flowered urinals is just silly.
In case you haven'e seen a "Mommy and Me" it's a large stall with a regular toilet, a small toilet with a flower shaped ring, a changing table and a wall safety seat for babies. It allows a mother of young children to keep them with her for safety.

ckcowl 04-12-2010 03:16 AM

my goodness=pull in the claws= just because its not your taste does NOT make it a "waste of fabric" we hear all the time there are no quilt police...evidently there are 'subject/taste' police???

trupeach1 04-12-2010 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
my goodness=pull in the claws= just because its not your taste does NOT make it a "waste of fabric" we hear all the time there are no quilt police...evidently there are 'subject/taste' police???

ditto............. :-D :-D

sewnsewer2 04-12-2010 05:41 AM

Good greif! :roll:

Esqmommy 04-12-2010 05:44 AM

I think it's pretty - it's an artist interpretation of a practical item that he makes to earn his living. Everyone's idea of pretty is different! That's what makes it "art" - beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that stuff!

Candace 04-12-2010 06:19 AM

The urinals are very interesting. Because I grow orchids, the photos of them have been around. They are a fortune, but are an "art piece". They are certainly a conversation starter and attract attention. Good art is typically controversial and memorable. I leave it up to you to decide, but if I'm ever in the market for a urinal and have an extra 10 grand around I'd go with an orchid one;>

PJO 04-12-2010 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl

I agree. Not everyone has the same taste.

dkabasketlady 04-12-2010 07:02 AM

It's definitely different not my taste, but I don't find it offensive!! We're supposed to be open to anything, no quilt police!!