Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a serious problem. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-serious-problem-t35250.html)

dglvr 01-27-2010 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Guess I have to ask a dumb question, what's the problem? :wink:

Yeap. My question as well. :thumbup: If you figure it out let us know. I don't think they have AA for us quilters.

sewnsewer2 01-27-2010 02:28 PM

You're a fabric addict like the rest of us. LOL

Quilter7x 01-27-2010 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Guess I have to ask a dumb question, what's the problem? :wink:

I don't see a problem either! :lol: :lol:

Bobbinwinder 01-27-2010 03:32 PM

Well, I'd really like to help...so, I'm going to suggest that you start sewing..sewing and sewing... now, that was simple, wasn't it? LOL Seriously, you should have sought advice BEFORE you started diggin' into those treasure chest tubs of woven gold. Sometimes they are better left just as they are until a need becomes VERY apparent...as in, the lqs closes or the credit cards expired. Perhaps you should have some chocolate...oh, that's something I could actually do for you...yum...feeling better? Smile big!

janRN 01-27-2010 03:43 PM

I've been doing the same thing-going thru and sorting small pieces of fabric. I look at some of it and think: I don't remember this one! Do elves sneak in extra scraps?? Also I found of few that made me think: WHAT was I thinking when I bought this??
Do either of these things happen to any of you or am I just the only nut here? LOL

dglvr 01-27-2010 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
I've been doing the same thing-going thru and sorting small pieces of fabric. I look at some of it and think: I don't remember this one! Do elves sneak in extra scraps?? Also I found of few that made me think: WHAT was I thinking when I bought this??
Do either of these things happen to any of you or am I just the only nut here? LOL

Ha. I just went through cleaning my sewing room and yes I must be a nut too. :thumbup:

Honey 01-27-2010 04:14 PM

Hey, every one has something that they love. I just happen to love stacks and stacks, boxes, bins and drawers of fabric!!

missbehavin 01-27-2010 04:27 PM

LOL... This is great.. I look forward to having my stash of precious fabric.. it is like tangible gold, that we can work with, be creative with and yes an addiction.. but honestly I don't think there is a cure.. and because most of us quilters like our addiction, I don't believe anyone is looking to find a cure anytime soon.. Now if there was a brilliant person that actually designed a cure for our addiction.. Answer honestly.. Would any of us actually take the cure?? Me personally.. NO, NO, and Absolutely NO!!

Ninnie 01-27-2010 04:32 PM

I am still waiting on the problem part!! LOL

tlrnhi 01-27-2010 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by KBunn
I really dont know what is wrong with me. I have been working...not so diligently however...on sorting my stash...cleaning up scraps. All so I can get my sewing room set up. The more I unpack...refold....sort, the more I cannot believe all the wonderful fabrics I have managed to collect. Now for the problem...I am having a terrible time getting rid of anything. I have been getting scraps together for ladies on here I offered some to...but I have way more then I need and I dont want to part with anything. WORSE is what happened just today. I wandered into the LQS.....found a "have to have" line of fabric and bought some!!!! What the heck is wrong with me????

I don't see anything wrong with you.
Grab a glass of wine, go pet your stash and repeat....I love my fabric, I love my fabric, I love my fabric........:) :) :)