Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I just bought a Gingher rotary blade and it's the bomb!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-just-bought-gingher-rotary-blade-its-bomb-t197426.html)

jcrow 08-12-2012 12:19 PM

I just bought a Gingher rotary blade and it's the bomb!!!

My LQS owner owns a Gingher rotary cutter and cut a layer cake into 5" squares for me in less than 2 minutes. She told me to forget the cutter but to buy the blade. So I did. I love it. I can cut so many layers of fabric with it. I think it cost $12. I absolutely love it. She said she's used the same one for 9 months at her store. Awesome!!!!

UglyCook 08-12-2012 12:22 PM

that's interesting. I have the Gingher rotary cutter and I really like the look of the black blades so I bought some refills with a coupon but I didn't feel like they lasted any longer than any others. I switched back to the generic ones after I used up the ones I had.

DawnFurlong 08-12-2012 12:22 PM

Which rotary cutter do you use? I know that sometimes blades aren't interchangeable. For 9 months worth of use - I would buy one of those!!! I have an Olfa cutter - and it seems it doesn't like other blades.

Scissor Queen 08-12-2012 12:42 PM

I love, love, love Gingher blades!! I don't think I'd pay full price for the handle but I got it at Jo-Ann's when they were on sale for 50% off. I didn't think I'd like the weight of it but I love it too. And I really, really love the no touching blade changing system.

jcrow 08-12-2012 12:43 PM

I have the 45mm Olfa cutter. It fits perfectly. And the blade isn't black. It's silver. It says Gingher on it. The rotary cutter is $79. It is very comfortable, but not $79 comfortable. Yet anyway. But the blade is truly awesome. Unbelievable. Worth $12 easily. I would have paid $20.

DawnFurlong 08-12-2012 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5436096)
I have the 45mm Olfa cutter. It fits perfectly. And the blade isn't black. It's silver. It says Gingher on it. The rotary cutter is $79. It is very comfortable, but not $79 comfortable. Yet anyway. But the blade is truly awesome. Unbelievable. Worth $12 easily. I would have paid $20.

Sounds like a good use for my 50% off coupon - would love to try it! I have a 45 mm Olfa cutter too, so glad to know it works. :-)

Dolphyngyrl 08-12-2012 02:07 PM

Love the cutter and the blades. They do last longer than the Olga's to me. Cut like butter

Dolphyngyrl 08-12-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5436096)

You can get the cutters on eBay for cheap payed about 30 for mine

bearisgray 08-12-2012 02:14 PM

I bought one - and was very disappointed with it. I went back to my Olfas.

MattieMae 08-12-2012 02:48 PM

I bought the Gingher quilter’s gift set which has a seam ripper and rotary cutter. The seam ripper’s tip was too big to slip under individual stitches. The rotary cutter has a silver blade and is very sharp, but the Olfa fits my hand better.