Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I lost my sewing room, but gained a sewing corner :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-lost-my-sewing-room-but-gained-sewing-corner-t124567.html)

hudgoddess 05-20-2011 06:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You know what happens when your kids grow up and move out and you take a whole room for your sewing and are all happily settled in? The stinkers move back in! It'll be nice to have him around again for a while, and I have a big kitchen/dining/family room that works just fine. I'll just have to keep it a little neater since I can't just close a door on it now! Check out my storage unit! That's 2 shoe storage units built together and stacked really high! I LOVE it! Oh, and there's my quilt inspector, Max.

Max, QI. I wish he had his head up a little more, he has a great goatee!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]199897[/ATTACH]

Do you love the shoe rack for a stash rack?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]199899[/ATTACH]

craftybear 05-20-2011 06:31 PM

that is great you still have a sewing area, love the cat

hopetoquilt 05-20-2011 06:36 PM

Enjoy having your son back. Lots of people complain about it but my father always said, "I didn't have kids to kick them out of the house." We were always welcome to stay provided that we worked a job or spent the whole day looking for a job. I am one of 5 and we all used to work at least one job if not 2 or more. That said, I finished college and then worked for a year and then spent 4 years getting my grad degree (all while working at least a job) but I didn't marry and move out until i was 27.

gmaybee 05-20-2011 06:37 PM

I'm glad you still have a place to sew and I love your quilt inspector.

bluteddi 05-20-2011 06:38 PM

hmmm doesn't look a think like MY Max.... My Max is not a quilt inspector. his brother Ziptser is...max just ambles to the sewing room door... looks about with disdain and turns around and leaves.. Zipster on the other hand... cks for thread quality ( as he flosses his teeth as the thread moved thru the machine), presses the fabric at any opportunity( lays on it until it is flat), and Zipster really enjoys carrying mommys thread spools upstairs for her...... * sigh * gotta love em...

* love the shoe caddy*

pjemark 05-20-2011 06:49 PM

You probably have more in common with a lot of people here than you think. Our son just came home after being in egypt with the military for a year. He's home one week tomorrow- and it just takes getting used to when you are used to -- hmmmm- the cap always being on the milk- lights turned off when no one is home - you get the idea - so on and on. It doesn't mean we don't love him to pieces - it's just different and takes some getting used to - and yes - how lucky are we that he came home safe and sound. I still can't believe it.

Sew momma 05-20-2011 06:55 PM

I know exactly how you feel, I have a daughter who has done the same thing to us. I had her room all ready for myself and she moved back!! The only problem I have now is that she is never here but all her furniture is here, I guess she thinks our house should be used as a storage room and I still have no sewing room. I guess one day I'll have my sewing room but my daughter tell us she is never moving out again!!!

Short an Sweet 05-20-2011 06:57 PM

we have 5 kids between us and they have ALL moved back in at least twice, each time they come back they bring more people with them???? (spouses, children) this time when they all moved out we converted all but 1 of the bedrooms into other rooms lol we kept the smallest one as a guest room

Ladyjanedoe 05-20-2011 06:57 PM

My son is only 9 so I only have a corner too.

sueisallaboutquilts 05-20-2011 06:58 PM

Love your cat!!! Please post one with the goatee someday :D
lol