Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I miss her already! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-miss-her-already-t146867.html)

Cagey 08-21-2011 04:37 PM

Had to take my Babylock in for a cleaning and "tuneup" on Thursday and I miss her already. Shop said it might be 2 or 3 weeks. I know I could get my old Kenmore out but it isn't the same without her. Guess this would be a good time to cut for the next project, clean and catch up on other things so I can get back to sewing when she returned. Does anyone else feel my pain?

np3 08-21-2011 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cagey
Had to take my Babylock in for a cleaning and "tuneup" on Thursday and I miss her already. Shop said it might be 2 or 3 weeks. I know I could get my old Kenmore out but it isn't the same without her. Guess this would be a good time to cut for the next project, clean and catch up on other things so I can get back to sewing when she returned. Does anyone else feel my pain?

Why so long?

Cagey 08-21-2011 04:49 PM

I live in a small town that doesn't have any machine repair shops to have to take mine to Janesville which is about 50 miles away. Its part of the same shop in Madison. Someone else I know said it usually only takes a week. I'm hoping....

np3 08-21-2011 04:54 PM

Hope it only takes 1 week. Usually only 2 days around here.

caliquocat 08-21-2011 04:57 PM

Yes, I'm so happy now that I have 2 machines.

craftybear 08-21-2011 06:52 PM

I hope you get it back faster than what they are telling you

gives you time to organize your sewing room and housework

4dogs 08-21-2011 07:38 PM

yes yes yes.... I felt lost without my machine...Bernina, had a "broken" thing inside, that controls the bobblin tension...thank goodness, still under warranty, but it too FOREVER for them to get the parts and fix it........ I cut out everything needed to make 8 quilts....each in zip lock bag with the directions....and cleaned up in my work room too (well, sorta cleaned up.. you know how that is.....)

nyelphaba 08-21-2011 07:52 PM

Around here a repair can take two weeks to two months.

Gramie bj 08-21-2011 07:56 PM

I feel your pain my back up machine had to go in last Fri for tune up and miner repair, I had to be in town for a class, and a couple of errands for DH. Sat. night my Janome started making noises not normal have tryed everything to help her but will be taking her in on Thursday Hope my Elna is ready to come home. its a 2 hr trip to Wenatchee from here and I only go down if I have to for more than one reason. Fri. I have to be in Wenatchee at 5:30 AM so will go down the night before and stay with in-laws. So no sewing this week for me should sort out and cut up some scraps.

vickig626 08-22-2011 05:03 AM

totally feel your pain. I guess I'm fortunate that my dealer is only about 20 minute away and he has 3 shops within 30 miles. I took my B/L in for cleaning a few months back and had it back within a week. She purred like a new kitten so you have something to look forward to.

What machine do you have? I have an Esante and would like to upgrade at some point but mine has been such a workhorse, I doubt I'd trade it in. Babylock just makes a great machines !!!

Glad to see more B/L owners on the site.