Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need help before...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-help-before-t72235.html)

mar32428 10-25-2010 10:50 AM

I need help before I shoot myself etc. This is not a specific quilting question but in the same area. I have a Bernina 1260 and from reading the board, know others of you do also.

I am going nuts trying to figure out how to use the bias binder. I'm not stupid and have been sewing for years but this one has me stumped. I have tried it at least 20 times and always with the same result. I can't get the bias strip or the flat fabric to stay straight. My bias won't always roll evenly and my flat fabric always wants to scoot out from the slot.

If I can't nail it down this time, I'm going to say the @#$% with it, throw it in the trash and have two Margaritas.

MadQuilter 10-25-2010 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by mar32428
If I can't nail it down this time, I'm going to say the @#$% with it, throw it in the trash and have two Margaritas.

How about one margarita, relax, and then try it again? Sorry I don't know how the machine works. Is your strip possibly too wide? Did you starch the strip?

momymom 10-25-2010 11:01 AM

Can you call your dealer/LQS for help? The dealer should be able to help you, or show you how to use it. Or call customer support.

azwendyg 10-25-2010 11:05 AM

I have a bias binder, but it makes me a little crazy too! I find that I'm happier with my binding if i just do it without this particular tool. (The margarita sounds like a GREAT idea!)

I like to machine stitch my bindings and learned a technique for "piped bindings" that I really like. I'm working on one and expect to get it finished up later this week... will start a topic and post a pic when I'm done.

mar32428 10-25-2010 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by mar32428

How about one margarita, relax, and then try it again? Sorry I don't know how the machine works. Is your strip possibly too wide? Did you starch the strip?

Didn't starch so thanks for the idea. Might help.

mar32428 10-25-2010 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by momymom
Can you call your dealer/LQS for help? The dealer should be able to help you, or show you how to use it. Or call customer support.

Believe me, after all this time, I have been to my dealer several times. They have no problem at all. Then I get home and the bias binder devil finds me.

mar32428 10-25-2010 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by azwendyg
I have a bias binder, but it makes me a little crazy too! I find that I'm happier with my binding if i just do it without this particular tool. (The margarita sounds like a GREAT idea!)

I like to machine stitch my bindings and learned a technique for "piped bindings" that I really like. I'm working on one and expect to get it finished up later this week... will start a topic and post a pic when I'm done.

I'm to that point. Get rid of the binder, not the Margaritas.

mar32428 10-25-2010 11:15 AM

My 82 year old stubborn streak just won't let me give up till i master that sucker. I may never use it again, but at least I will have won.