Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need sewing machine help..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-sewing-machine-help-t225630.html)

Quiltlady330 07-13-2013 06:56 AM

Good advice. Also, have you moved any tension knobs inadvertently?

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 (Post 6172983)
Have you tried to re-thread the entire machine, new bobbin, new needle and reset it back to factory tensions? That might help. Have you used this thread successfully before? If not, try one you have used.

d.rickman 07-13-2013 08:28 AM

One more suggestion, when you thread your top - always have your pressure foot UP, so the tension rings can accept the top thread - never have the foot in the down position!

All the above should help your tension problems.

roserips 07-13-2013 11:52 AM

This is what happens when the upper thread is not going through the tension discs and take up properly. Re Thread your top thread carefully and make sure it is correctly threaded and you should have no problems.

linda faye 07-13-2013 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl (Post 6173095)
Also, Lisa, when the thread does this on the bottom of the fabric, if it is a tension issue, is from the upper tension, not the bobbin tension.

Agree with Heidi's reply. Good luck.

nancia 07-13-2013 05:30 PM

when mine does this i have found cleaning the bobbin case is the answer. and while i'm at it, i change the needle, something i rarely do. (oops)

franklindixie 07-13-2013 05:48 PM

this is a common problem caused by no thread in the take up lever. whenever you thread a machine the presser foot must be up and the needle in the highest position, if this is all good, you won't have the problem pictured.

Sandi 07-13-2013 10:31 PM

I'm with the other quilters on this one. I had mine do that and I rethreaded the machine and I still had problems.
So I threaded up another bobbin and changed the needle.. worked fine after that.. Hope this helps

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 6173029)
I would second the rethreading idea. I would also change the needle, and make sure the presser foot is down!

sulyle 07-14-2013 06:01 AM

Don't hit me but was your presser foot down? Mine has three levels and sometimes I don't hit that last click to get it all the way down. Looks just like this. Otherwise I agree with starting fresh, new thread, new needle, clean bobbin case, etc.

shadow59602 07-14-2013 09:26 AM

The thread on the bottom is from the top. Your thread jumped out of the tensioner. Just rethread and you should be o.k.

MissQuilter 07-14-2013 10:58 AM

[QUOTE: Have you tried to re-thread the entire machine, new bobbin, new needle and reset it back to factory tensions? That might help. Have you used this thread successfully before? If not, try one you have used.[/QUOTE]

I thought that my machine was completely broken, and I did what you said above, and MIRACLE! It works.

Everything but messing with the tension, which I never touch...

Christine