Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I want to know my fellowquilters! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-want-know-my-fellowquilters-t940.html)

live2teach 04-12-2007 01:57 AM

Okay my fellow quilters, the teacher in me is coming out and I want to get to know all of you. SO...for every item that you have ever sewn or quilted tell at least one thing about yourself for each... I know some of you have so many that it would be impossible, so if that is the case at least tell us one thing about yourself. LOL. If you don't want to participate that is fine. :D

live2teach 04-12-2007 02:03 AM

Okay, I'll go first:

2 raggedy purses:

1. I am a senior in college
2. I am 22 years old

1 raggedy diaper bag:

3. I am a newlywed and have been married since November 18, 2006

2 BOM's:

4. I live in WV
5. I love sunflowers

2 Burpcloths:

6. Nature inspires me and gives me all kinds of ideas for my next project
7. I love love love to sew but wish that I had more time...

Okay there are a few random facts about me...

Who's next??? :D

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-12-2007 05:17 AM

1. Green/yellow purse
I "ran away from home" at 17. [and to elaborate just a little, I moved in with my boyfriend bc my parents were super-strict. Yes, he's my husband. ;)]

2. DD's sundress: I met my husband when I was 16 years old.
3. denim bag from old jeans: I like to grow a garden.
4. 1,2,3 mini-mini wall quilts: ~I'm 5' 2.25" tall
~I like to eat my veggies
~I love LIGHTHOUSES
5. A quilted glasses "case" for Dad~ I write right-handed, but I have to use a mouse w/my left hand. I'm ambidextrous?
6. BOM (march) ~I want to have my own bakery.
7. Birdhouse wall hanging~ I am an only child.
8. Pillows (I don't know how many):~ I'm excited to get to travel and vacation some this summer.
9. curtains (several pair) I love Volkswagens (vintage).
10. several things over the years: I collect (Wilton) cake pans

quiltmaker101 04-12-2007 05:56 AM

Okay, here goes:

1. I have made over a dozen quilts, from baby quilts to California King.

I have sewed since I was 12. Got a sewing machine for Christmas that year. My mother, aunt and gramma all sew, but I am the first to make quilts. I also get to make quilts for one client, and she lets me make all the decisions for colors and pattern!

2. I made all my kids good clothes until they were about 4 years old. Also made their nursery decor.

I love sewing and making quilts because I can give or have something no one else has and my creativity has an outlet.

3. I made my first quilt at 37 years old. Gave it to my gramma, who passed away last year and now it is mine again.

I have two grown children, one is married. They are good friends, live here in Pensacola, and they love their mama.

4. I dream of being able to make quilts with curves, art quilts and someday having my own quilting machine so I don't have to pay someone to do the quilting.

I finally met the man of my dreams in 2004, which up until then was the most devastating year of my life) and now we are married. 3rd marriage for each of us, and living happily ever after!

Rebecca Chambley 04-12-2007 06:39 AM

Here goes
Been sewing 37+ yrs, Quilting seriously for 16 yrs. Have never followed a pattern for a quilt. Alway design my own. Applique is my favorite thing. I love to add do-dads to my quilts. Beads, buttons, charms, ribbon, embrodery. I'm a NaNa to 3 beautiful grans. Who are the strings in my heart. I work with special need kids, I'll quilt till I drop, I have a painting background, took lessons for a couple of years, still paint, but sew mainly. I'm in my own world in my sewing room, and when I'm in a creative mood, I forget to eat.

ceannastahr 04-12-2007 06:42 AM

Lets see I done about 14 baby quilts 6 lap quilts and 2 queen size quilts
I started sewing at age 6 in the 4-H club
Made 1/2 of my clothes till in Highschool
went to Woodstock
Got married for the first time in 69 have a great daughter from that marriage
Remarried in 88 inheriented a fanstatic step son.
Made my first quilt in 94 for my first grandson
9 of the 14 baby quilts went to granchildern
Started to realy get into quilting last Oct just before my neck surgery
I also take care of my 84 year old father I will not put him in a nursing home
Last but not least I'm now addicted to quilting and machine embdoidery

ladymyste 04-12-2007 10:29 AM

Well I'm going to give you more information than I have quilts :D

I have only made 1 completed quilt and 2 quilt tops. I have another top cut out and should begin piecing it together this weekend if all goes well.

Let's see...about me.
I married my high school sweetheart and we've been together for 25 years (married 22).
I'm 41
I have 2 wonderful boys who are in college and work full time.
I have an almost 2 year old grandson.
I finally decided in February that I am all done working. Now I stay home and babysit my GS and decided that I should start quilting again and am having so much fun picking out fabric and patterns.

Ok that's about all I have for now. Nice to meet all of you 8)

Nina 04-12-2007 01:45 PM

Sewed a lot over the years..some successful and some I wouldn't even mention.

Married high school sweetheart at 17 and been married for 39 years (seems like yesterday). And yes, in spite of himself, he is still alive.

Two sons, one a Major in USAF, one a Respiratory Therapist -four grandkids (2 girls, 2 boys).

Love gardening, any kind of craft or needlework (except needlepoint). Hate cooked brocoli, asparagus and carrots.

Have been awarded the Master's Award in ceramics competition (highest can get - sorry for the brag, but it's very hard to achieve and I'm proud of it). My ceramics is a hobby that got way out of control, so I made it a side business to support my habit.

Love rock hunting and star gazing.

Counting down the days to retirement!

3incollege 04-12-2007 02:29 PM

i don't now how to begin, I have been quilting for 7 yrs.
I started out sewing when I was a teenager and was very good at needlework in the 70s.
I am 51 yrs.old
married my high school sweetheart
had 3 children still all in college
I became a window at 40
got remarried
gained 3 more kids
last year I finally got to go to europe on a trip
All 3 of my kids have gone before me
I'm diabetic and all they serve are sweets at my guild meetings
I love to collect Lenox I have 30 pieces
I ski we have a condo at a ski resort
I belong to curves
I don't work

Donna

azdesertrat 04-12-2007 02:31 PM

started quilting only 3 years ago all that I have made I have given as gifts.
single, plan on staying that way(take too much time away from my quilting)
have one son who is 25 and married going to graduate from the Uof A with a double major
Have 2 14yr old girls(twins) one is on the track team and in band and Jazz band and on the honor Roll
My other one is her sisters biggest fan
And of course they are My Space addicts.
I am a Fabric Addict and I love my embroidery machine. :lol: