Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I want this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-want-t203864.html)

Debra Mc 10-23-2012 06:52 AM

It is not easy at all. I have the Grace Pinnacle frame and a Babylock Quilters Choice Pro Professionel. Great machine till you put it on the frame, then it sews the biggest mess. I can quilt FM all day long off the frame but put it on the frame & it goes nuts. If your throat is not real deep on machine, you are going to be advancing it every few inches. I can work faster off the frame. This frame you picked out looks pretty good. Like the wheels to turn it with. I don't know Bell, think I would go practice on one somewhere first. If I ever buy another machine, I am going to get that new Babylock long arm Tiara. It would fit my frame great. I wish I could buy the Inovation. I think that is what it is called. It is made here in Texas. Good luck girl. Hope you figure it out.

Tashana 10-23-2012 08:23 AM

My Bailey is 17" and I think that is plenty of space for the size of quilts I do. I got the Majestic frame because it is sturdy and it gives me an option to make a really large quilt if I choose to. I will never, ever have enough money to invest in a machine that cost almost as much as my car and does as good of a job as Bailey. Bailey does not have all the bells and whistled like other more expensive machines have but I know it will do what I need it to do. I have several very simple sewing machines. Two are vintage/antique treadles and I make great quilts on them. The only thing lacking is throat space. That is what I am getting with my Bailey plus customer service that is second to none and it is made here in USA. I think that my Bailey baby and I will be friends for a very long time. When it comes to the throat size, every inch counts. Same is with bobbins, the bigger the bobbin the happier I am. And I know that some people will think I am nuts, but I have never ever tried any long arm machine. I did lots of research so I know what I am getting myself into. I can hardly wait for Friday to have this whole contraption set up and loaded with practice sheets.

quilttiger 10-23-2012 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5602005)
I have almost decided to get this frame: http://www.graceframe.com/site/machi...quilting-frame

I have the Brother 1500 machine and I think it will be a good beginner set up. Not much money invested if I find I not cut out to be a long armer. LOL. If anyone has any first hand knowledge of this frame I would like to hear pros and cons.

I meant to address this earlier...I have the Grace Majestic frame. It is well made and there is no way the rails will bend in the middle. It is capable of handling machines with throats ranging from 9 to 18 inches. It handles projects all the way up to king size. It does take a while to assemble the frame and it is really a two-person job in terms of interpreting the instructions and the DVD. There was a problem in turning the rails for some reason. The Grace Company was contacted, and the rep graciously sent us replacement parts right away. After that, the rails rolled like a dream. Putting the leaders on is very simple. The only negative as far as I am concerned are the clamps...they were too heavy for my taste. I ordered a pair of Feather Light clamps from www.quiltshop.us, size 15.5 inches. They just arrived today. I used smaller ones on my old set up and they are great to use. Hope this helps.

QandE2010 10-23-2012 12:16 PM

Good luck Tashana and be sure to post pics once you get it set up and make your "practice sheet".

Mornigstar 10-23-2012 12:48 PM

I agree with Marie -I also have the Brother Innovis 1500 D --thinking it would work I bought a John Flynn frame
used from someone on QB last yr about this time. Been disappointed because the harp space is not big enough.
Paid two thousand for my machine few yrs ago but it does everything else I wanted and I already had a serger and other machine.

cjones9258 10-26-2012 05:51 AM

I bought the Brother 1500. I wanted to get the Grace Start Right quilting frame, but had to postpone. I did not want to invest alot of money. Want to make sure I like it as well can do the quilting. I plan on getting the frame in spring of 2013. Let me know the pros and cons when you start using yours.
Good luck.

Rose Marie 10-26-2012 06:43 AM

Big frame small machine

1 Attachment(s)
I really like my carraige, it glides smoothly but the machine is just to small, only a 9 in throat.