Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I would like to ask every one a question? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-would-like-ask-every-one-question-t183.html)

Minda 12-04-2006 06:06 AM

I have 9 quilts in various stages of completion so I'm going to work on finishing those next year. They are on hold right now while I make my Christmas gifts. I'm going to try and finish my UFOs before I start any new projects (easier said than done.) :D

mary705 12-04-2006 09:42 PM

A quilt for my niece who is getting married in February 2008

Sharon A 12-05-2006 08:10 PM

Wow, thats a hard one, I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow let alone next year <smiling>. I have several quilts started, had the bright idea to give them as gifts to my kids for Christmas this year but I am still learning a lot and if its not a quilt that is fast I end up putting it down and starting a new top. Its the pisces in me lol. So they are getting them next year for Christmas. Also though I have made quilt tops I have never done the binding and that makes me nervous but...I am giving my brother his for Christmas, I designed it using Cheifs material (I'm from Kansas City MO) and used some of the blocks to spell out my brothers name. So have to do the binding on his and one for my daughter-in-law, both are small quilts so hopefully will learn how to do it on them. I have some time to work on my quilts, I don't work other than watching my G'daughter that will be 5 the day afer Christmas, and only watch her half of the morning because she goes to preschool in the afternoon. Shes the youngest of my 4 G'kids. My oldest son has a boy 13 and a girl 5 and my daughter has a boy 12 and a girl 4 <almost 5>. I love this message board, but am still learning how to get around in it and really am looking forward to the live chat. Have a great day all.

Becky 12-06-2006 02:34 AM

Sharon
You mentioned you where the sign of the fish and you would have several projects going at the same time. I remeber when I would have several projects going at once, and I would get frustrated trying to keep up and lose pieces. Then I would go to look for a piece and it was mixed in a different project. Taking away time to work on what I wanted to do. So at that point I made up my mind to work on 1 project at a time till completetion. It took discipline and focus for me to do, but I achieved my goal. And for me any way I completed alot more projects. Being a fish myself, I would get an idea in my head and I felt I had to start it right now. It also has helped to focus on the project at hand, to completeion, Because I'm eager to start the next one.

mary705 12-06-2006 02:46 AM

Sharon, one way I have learned some of the techniques is through the quilt shows and in books. When I first started I was out buying books, then thought, let me try before I buy, cause some instructions from some are harder to understand than others. I went to my local library to look for the books I was interested in. We also have an I-Borrow program, which I just received a book from a library in Kentucky, I'm in Florida.

The book, Ready, Set, Finish is by Darlene Zimmerman. I already own one of her other books. Her instructions are easy to understand.

Randy 12-15-2006 11:41 AM

I'm not a Pisces, I'm a Gemini but I have a dozen things ALWAYS going, too! My mom tells me even when I was little I had 4 hour agendas with 15 minutes to complete all the items on that agenda! It keeps life interesting and movingggggggg. I love to sew, craft, quilt, cook/bake, read, and work on the computer...usually doing all or multiples of these all at the same time. Keep on keeping on! Randy

Ty 12-16-2006 03:38 AM

Ok ladies, I'm a Sagitarrius but it doesn't seem to matter when it comes to quilters. Seems most of us have more than one project going on at the same time. I have several completed tops that just need quilting. I love to hand quilt but really want to learn to machine quilt so I can get them done and make even more tops. I must (repeat MUST) make myself get more disciplined about completely finishing my quilts. But when I see a new pattern that I fall in love with, I JUST have to make it. You know the feeling, right? Good luck to all on completing those tops.
Mini's give me instant gratification so I do lots of those and applique too.

dforseth 12-21-2006 04:58 PM

What will I be doing this time next year....working, kissing and rocking my grandbabies and working on quilts and clothes for them. :lol: :thumbup:

ceannastahr 12-21-2006 06:08 PM

I hope to finaly work on a quilt for me. I've done quilts for all 8 grandchildern 3 baby quilts for my great nieces and nephew 1 for my dad. I think its my turn, If I could decide what kind I want. Been thinking about a dresden plate.

SandraJennings 07-30-2007 05:00 PM

Well... I don't think it will be fishing...unless it is to tackle another quilt. :mrgreen: