Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I would like to ask every one a question? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-would-like-ask-every-one-question-t183.html)

Misty56 12-02-2006 12:00 PM

What do you want to be working on this time next year?

I think I want to be working on a pair of quilted curtains for my sewing area.............Just a thought.
Misty :)

kathy 12-02-2006 12:17 PM

I have thought about quilted curtains for my guest bedroom because I have a patch work quilt on the bed but am afraid they would be too heavy.

Leslee 12-02-2006 12:53 PM

You could always take the easy way out and use fabric that looks like patchwork! Maybe without batting and a very light backing it would make good curtain cloth, and you could quilt it if you wanted to. Just a thought! My same-time-next-year project will most likely be the same full-size Hawaiian quilt I've been working on since early last spring. All that echo quilting...whew!

sewmom204 12-02-2006 01:59 PM

I've signed up for a Thimbleberries BOM starting January. Hopefully this time next year I will be putting the quilt together and admiring it on MY bed. Imagine that, something for ME :)

GeeGee 12-02-2006 03:54 PM

I DON'T want to be working on my Dresden Plate :roll: :lol: , that thing is taking me forever! I DO want to be making a Dresden Fan from my late Dad's ties.

Boo 12-02-2006 05:13 PM

This time next year, I will be doing what I always do at this time. Frantically working on my gifts. I have been known to be doing a binding an hour before giving the gift. One year, about 15 years ago, I flew to visit my sister for the holidays. I had sent the gifts ahead of time, except for the queen quilt for their bed. I had to take an additional suitcase to carry the unbound quilt. That night, I finished the binding in the guest room, and her MIL wrapped it for me. LOL Talk about last minute!

After all these years, I haven't gotten any better. :roll: Therefore, I am sure next year will be no different. :lol:

Norah 12-02-2006 08:48 PM

I want to be making my very own king sized Hawaiian quilt. I figure it will take me several years, so put me down for that for the next year, too. I can't work on just one project, so I have several going at the same time. Right now, I am making an applique table runner, the Cathedral Window Christmas ornaments, a tied quilt with dogs on it, a snail's trail quilt for my son, a crocheted doily and a counted cross stitch sampler. Me, can't stay focused? What? :roll: I love all needlework. :-D

GeeGee 12-03-2006 07:04 AM

LOL Boo, the morning of my DDIL's bridal shower I was binding her quilt :shock: !

It's been years since I've made a doily. Hmmmmmmmmm, I still have plenty of crochet thread in a tote upstairs... :wink:

Becky 12-03-2006 11:10 AM

I hope to be working on a quilt (applique quilt ) of blue shasta dasies and yellow dasies, Altho both of my sons are screaming at me to make them some more quilts, notice I said some more quilts, aren't they alittle greedy.

Jezebel George 12-04-2006 04:04 AM

Wedding quilts. Two of my kids got engaged this year.